Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Damn! Buydomains again got everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean really..

Almost every name i had in my NW,expirefish and nicgenie accounts for the 13th/14th drops has again been taken by..you guessed it : Buydomains.com :mad:

This thing is starting to piss me off.

How the f*** are they doing it?

Must be some illegal shit.

Domain summit 2024

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And why the heck isn't Namewinner able to at least delete those names off my watchlist that have already been won by other people so i don't bid and bid when in fact the name is gone since days already.
Damn.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Micheal Mann is a smart guy beatz.

:)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know anybody named Michael Mann.But i wanna sue him.
Just have to find out about what.:D

Hi AMERICAR

In what way is M Mann smart? Would you happen to know how he operates?

sas386

Why must it be illegal if they are beating you?

Maybe they are just smarter, faster and better at doing this legally.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah sure, smartsys...theoretically you could be right,but practically you're prolly wrong.
Apparently Buydomains don't use a commercial backorder service like snapnames etc.; so what remains is they must have some sort of deal with a registrar that allows them to use this registrars bandwith for the drops in connection with their own script.Now as far as i know ICANN accredited registrars are not allowed to rent their bandwith - might be wrong though.
And if that's not their secret then they prolly have some other kind of deal that exceeds above scenario even.
C'mon look at their portfolio and tell me that they got all those names the legal way.I mean they literally get almost EVERY name there is.Of todays drops they got almost 90%..almost any good name that is on Namewinner gets caught by Buydomains.com.Just can't be coincidence.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And i also wonder if the enom $2500 drop club can be legal really.

Well, snap/nw/ng all have agreements with registrars - so why not a company that looks to secure domains for themselves rather than a clientbase? That would allow them more firepower for the domains they want compared to nw/snap etc and would improve their chances against the services that have to support ALL their clients requests.

ICANN registrars can do what they like, as long as they don't give a direct rrp connection the the user. The registrars CAN go for them on behalf of the customer though which amounts to the same thing speed wise, just not technically and is therefore not a breach of the accreditation.

Yep, enom drop club is legal too as they are not giving out a direct rrp connection.

The only areas a registrar could get into hot water with ican over are the direct rrp connection and if they get domains without having a customer for them (e.g. speculating).

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"enom drop club is legal too as they are not giving out a direct rrp connection. "
How do you know they don't?
And even if a registrar don't give out their rrp connection but catch those names on behalf of a "client" BUT don't offer that service to the public openly or don't allow other clients in addition to Buydomains to use their special service, it's still unfair competition in my point of view.To say the least.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You amateurs that think you can arrive in this game in 2002 and expect to suddenly grab decent expires, and then complain when you don't get any.

I mean, get real.

There are so many ultra-professional, ultra-connected, ultra smart people playing in this arena that it's pure folly to think you're gonna' arrive with your skinny pipe and a few lures you bought at the tackle shop and start pulling in the big fish.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: Too many of you guys are wasting big amounts of time chasing the wrong storm cloud.

One of my biggest clients (I mean, huge) called me recently to offer me a ride on his pipe, and I can tell you that next to his resources, GOOD LUCK.

And he's just one guy!

There continue to be huge opportunities in simply contacting owners through the whois, offering them money, and turning them around. It's called instant money. The rest is just lottery by the domain drop list.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"You amateurs that think you can arrive in this game in 2002 and expect to suddenly grab decent expires, and then complain when you don't get any. "
Hey Mr. professional Bigplayer - that was not the question.
Question was if some of the things the "big players" do are legal,illegal or should be illegal.
Who knows,maybe i got enough cash and time to sue one of the Registrars that give out their rrp to certain customers?Or maybe i should sue one of the big players? Maybe you? So then some stuff might become illegal?
Hey,that's an idea.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sue away shooter!

I'll be interested to see the outcome.

What I would suggest, with perhaps a bit more experience than you, is to put your legal money into getting smarter, better and faster.

It sounds like you're caught between fighting for a more fair system and attacking the winners because they beat you there--for reasons that may or may not have to do with fairness.

Ya' see my point? :rolleyes:

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There have been a ton of 2 letter babies that have dropped in the last few weeks that were very nicely spread across the board, and not limited to any one player.

Originally posted by DnPowerful

I have said it before and I'll say it again: Too many of you guys are wasting big amounts of time chasing the wrong storm cloud.

There continue to be huge opportunities in simply contacting owners through the whois, offering them money, and turning them around. It's called instant money. The rest is just lottery by the domain drop list.

Thats worth rereading a few times :) , very well said dnp

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree on the instant money opportunity.
As for attacking the winners - what i'm attacking is their(Buydomains) behind-the-back deals that they in one way or another must have establsihed with some registrar(s) which makes it literally impossible to just have the chance to get hold of any good DROPPED domain.That's what i call unfair competition.Just look at the drops on the LW list for the 14th of may.Fact is that Buydomains got almost 90%of the good names listed there for that day.That said,and knowing that this is not coincidence but happens on a regular basis - it could destroy smaller backorder companies in the long run because a day could come where nobody was willing to pay for a backorder service naymore just because Buydomains get them anyway.I would not have the slightest problem with Buydomains catches if i knew they'd get their names on a fair competition basis.

If you lose money on the stock market, do you automatically assume the people making money are engaged in illegal activity?

The chances are they have researched and spent time analysing and preparing - rather than expecting everything to be handed to them on a plate.

If you want to get the best names, work at it. Do your research, make contacts and come up with a strategy. Whinging and complaining won't get you any closer to the domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators