Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed datecafe.org appraise

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

have to agree, no end user is going to want to spend much for an org like that.

slashdot.org has value because of their userbase and content, the actual domain in isolation would struggle to fetch as much as datecafe.org

Sure, there will always be certain sld's in .org that will work - especially if its for trade organisations who are, in general, well financed or for infomation/publuic service style sites.

But datecafe is a commercial string, and .org isn't a commercially popular tld.

In your opinion, do you see the BIZ catching up to .COM fame and value?

Originally posted by timechange
In your opinion, do you see the BIZ catching up to .COM fame and value?

Hell no, not even close.

.biz was a very poor choice for a tld launch imo, it sounds too mickey mouse and the heavy speculation at launch makes it hard to see where the momentum can come from to either drive resale prices or make the public at large link the internet and .biz in anything like the same way they do with .com.

I feel the same way, but registered a handful of .BIZ domains regardless :)

I feel the same way, but registered a handful of .BIZ domains regardless :)

Nothing wrong with covering your bases, just in case :)

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a little input.

.org domains will one day be worth a lot more then they are now.

I read it in my Afternic newsletter. Dot org's will be limited to only organization in a few months. Unless you purchased one before this new rule is imposed, then you will obviously be grandfathered.

Originally posted by MC Juice
.org domains will one day be worth a lot more then they are now.

I read it in my Afternic newsletter.

:) The Urly Indicator is the biggest pile of rubbish you'll ever read for domain related issues - if it says something, assume the opposite will be true.

Originally posted by MC Juice
Dot org's will be limited to only organization in a few months. Unless you purchased one before this new rule is imposed, then you will obviously be grandfathered.

Hmmm, as far as I am aware thats not true. Verisign tried to get that as part of their handing control over to a new registry (their payment for keeping .com basically forevever) - but it was overruled.

Originally posted by safesys

:) The Urly Indicator is the biggest pile of rubbish you'll ever read for domain related issues - if it says something, assume the opposite will be true.

Hmmm, as far as I am aware thats not true. Verisign tried to get that as part of their handing control over to a new registry (their payment for keeping .com basically forevever) - but it was overruled.

Which part was overruled; the true ORG entity or the grandfathering? Any links to the decision? Thanks!

Which part was overruled; the true ORG entity or the grandfathering? Any links to the decision? Thanks!

The part about it being mandatory for the new .org registry to only allow registrations for not-for-profit organizations.

Having said that, the new registry that gets selected by ICANN could choose to adopt that policy but it is certainly not something that has been set in stone already - although I can't see how they could avoid grandfathering whichever way the new registry jumps.

There was a lot of debate about this on the DNSO ga list amongst other places - take a look in the archives.

Even if there is no restriction on .org, that really doesn't do anything for their value, there are no restrictions now and they don't generate much interest with end users.

Any branding will (logically) be done to encourage not-for-profit organization to use the tld - so that will not really alter anything from how it is now. If anything, the branding would only add stigma to people using or trying to sell commercial sld's in that tld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators