Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

deleted.com, recovered... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you may know, Deleted.com was hijacked, but I had it recovered. Then I called Register.com about how long before it can be transfered out. I was told 5 days. 5 days later, I get a message that my account is locked, and can't be transfered. So I tried to explain the situation to Register.com, but they "could not do anything" till some department looked at the issue. Well a few days later, I can't log in, and the new account email is "[email protected]".

Well when talking to Register, I was told it was pending transfer, and from the whois, it was going to godaddy, as he had the address on of Godaddy's privacy whois. He also used [email protected], and [email protected] etc., then yesterday I was calling Register.com again, to confirm that theis mystry department had recieved the email to update my email address.

I finaly got a hold of Tom Lance from that dept, and he chewed me out for saying my account was hacked. And said not to call them anymore with these claims. He locked the domain, and told me to do a UDRP on it.

Well that was depressing, but atleast he locked it (which stops a transfer in it's tracks).

Well when I got home, I got a voice mail from him, an it told me the department's direct phone number, so I called back, and he was not there, so I tried this morning, and got a lady that was clueless (what a suprise, another one at Register.com!), and transfered me to the main CS number, I hang up, redial, get a new person, and end up with Tom, and he said he is going to update my email, although he spoke a little too low to understand everything, so I wait, and then I get an email saying my account pass had updated. I called him back, and he asked who "[email protected]" is, and I said it was not mine, so he said, ok, I'll fix it, and call you back.

A few min later he said it was updated, so I requested a password, and made it a hard one, and then I updated my info to the whois...

Now after 2 month, I have Deleted.com back, again!

:peace:

Note, I will be selling Deleted.com in the next week, so don't be suprised when the whois updates to the buyer.

Domain Summit 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats for the good news.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Thats quite a story. Congratulations on getting the name back. Too many times people are unsuccesful.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats. you need to get that name out of there asap

JoeyMob

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What are you selling deleted.com for? Also congrats on getting the domain name back.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
here is the direct line if anyone needs their business department, 902/749/2700, and the email is [nstc]@register.com, that is for when you do not want to go in the "pool" of emails at [support]@register.com. this is for last resorts only. I would however say, get any name you have there out, as they are a major pain to deal with in a hijacking.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JoeyMob said:
What are you selling deleted.com for? Also congrats on getting the domain name back.
I have a buyer that will be paying part in cash, and then develop my domains, and teach me more about web design, which will be good for my futher, and bring in more revenue. I am not disclosing the cash amount.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Joe.
All the best with this nice name :)

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be avoiding Register having read this thread. Sounds like stress. The phone would be in bits if it were me. Glad you got your name back. Creature.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's crazy stuff.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Creature said:
I will be avoiding Register having read this thread. Sounds like stress. The phone would be in bits if it were me. Glad you got your name back. Creature.
I was slipping into a depression as time went on with no good news from them. I faxed them my ID, and they said they could not read it, and then I scanned and emailed it, and finaly they used that to update my info.

GeorgeK said:
That's crazy stuff.
yes, it was one of the worst nightmares I ever had to deal with.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats great news, I was even holding my breath for this one. Sit back and grab a beer man, your baby is safe now.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow what a story congrats

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congratulations mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad to read you got it back, Joe. But once you sell it, you might have to edit
your nick here. :-D

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dave Zan said:
Glad to read you got it back, Joe. But once you sell it, you might have to edit
your nick here. :-D
Not just yet, I have not decided what to do, but I don't think I will change who I am at DNF, although on some other places my ID is "deleted.com" or "deletedcom", so I will probably edit that some time.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That would be great for a domain drop site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom