Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Demand that browsers accept your language! IDN.com should be respected by all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forget about email functionality, we had to wait years and years just to get Web pages to display at all in the IDN.com scripts. Some browsers, such as Firefox, think even that was too much. Try typing in an IDN.com in Firefox - it turns a beautiful domain name into unrecognizable mush.

Join me in demanding that Firefox properly display IDN.com . Write your own letter by following the link below. My letter appears at the bottom.

--------------

http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

--------------

I just realized that Firefox does not allow me to type in my IDN.com Web addresses - it changes the domain to some unrecognizable code. How could you be so America-centric that you don't allow users of foreign languages to type in their own domains? Several years ago, you may have been justified, with registrants able to create confusing mixes of Russian and Roman characters - but that practice is no longer allowed. So why continue to enforce this obsolete ban on foreign domains? I will be switching to I.E. or Safari.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firefox version 3
Tools Options Content Languages Choose

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The default mode should show IDN.com properly, as it does with I.E. and Safari.

We want to be credible for the great bulk of users, not just the tech savvy minority.

Firefox version 3
Tools Options Content Languages Choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators