Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DeutschlandUberAlles.de

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I admit defeat :) But beware, the new drachma shall arise while the euro tumbles.
The euro just needs to go away.

There are a few countries that almost seem to be carrying the weight of other nations and propped up the euro so it does not completely falter.

Personally, the euro has made my oversea's trips more expensive. Sure, I can appreciate the one form of payment accepted. But everything in Italy seemed to have quadrupled in price with the euro vs. lira.

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make a shopping try in august, but only in Roma (avoid of course tourist traps-same stuff at via Martini for ex). Biggest sale in Italy (old prices level:)).
An appraisal?
Grazie mille

koba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1€ or zwei deutsche mark or 200 drachmas, soon ;-)

The term doesn´t have any commercial potential and the non IDN-Version of Über would be Ueber, not Uber.

Last edited:

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry koba i have no "u" on my desk (even so 14800 exacts). Im waiting for a patriot end user:) You ment 200 gold drachmas?

koba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can sell you an "ü" for 100 gold drachmas ;)

You are waiting for a rather dumb patriotic end user, cause his patriotic friends probably won´t like that he would have bought a misspelled version of a german national anthem stanza ;)

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

deutschlandüberalles.de
xn--deutschlandberalles-gbc.de

is available btw.
You owe me one german beer or 200 ouzos ;)

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Deal. + 1 Absolut vodka (in swedish crowns:)

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But you must move your "deutsche expert domainer" body here:)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree. More Value with the proper "über" spelling.

Plus, some people still associate the song with Naziism, which is not a big draw to the name.

.de extensions are like anything else...just because it is available does not mean it should be regged.

Germans are fanatical about their usage of .de. There is great unity and national pride with this extension which is hardly matched by other country codes (a handful of exceptions like .nl, .jp, .ca). I am talking about actual usage by the natives and by the countries business and people, not the simple regging by domainers.

Naturally, all of this will change with the introduction of IDN.IDN and the flood of potentially hundreds of new designer extensions. Then, no one really will give a crap about any of it because it will be total chaos on the internet.

koba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Germans are fanatical about their usage of .de. There is great unity and national pride with this extension which is hardly matched by other country codes (a handful of exceptions like .nl, .jp, .ca).

...or .es .it .pl .ru and so on...

I agree that the .de is extremely popular in germany, but (and you probably won´t believe this) even the crazy germans aren´t crazy enough to use their ccTLD cause of "national pride". The popularity of the .de ccTLD has very little to do with this.

Anyway, IMAO the introduction of more TLDs will strengthen the established TLDs like com, net or popular ccTLD even more.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Apparently Greece will stay with the euro and suffer more oppression from the Deutsche Bundesbank.

On the subject of the domain in question, the national anthem goes "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles" so get the extended .de for another few pfennig.

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haydn and von Fallersleben, that time, had no idea about domaining. I understood that Greece is now begging money from Germany, apropos "uber alles". So .de is still a strong extension I guess...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Haydn and von Fallersleben, that time, had no idea about domaining. I understood that Greece is now begging money from Germany, apropos "uber alles". So .de is still a strong extension I guess...

I understand you're not German so I will not hurt your feelings by saying that Germany never paid Greece restitution for the World War II occupation and crimes, right? Check it out.

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry you are greek. Youre right, but now they will save Greece, I hope (and my beloved Rodos)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oh sorry you are greek.

A missing comma makes a lot of difference ;) Greeks don't need to be saved, they are their own worst enemy. Rodos is great, I would stay as far as possible from Athens this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom