Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Directi Reselling? Seems like an awesome deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTarget

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
manish said:
Try registering a domain name in directi reseller panel. It takes atleast 8 clicks and minimum 4 emails per domain name are sent out by the system.

Well maybe with some pressure they would change that.... :eek:)

Why can't there just be a good domain API w/ prices under $7.00. Seems like someone with alot of capital would see that this would be a great business venture.

Look I am not that fond of ENOM... for personal reasons. And WWD I believe are deceptive, cheating crooks. They had all these people bite the bait, and then found ways to steal the resellers customers, w/ undercut GoDaddy (Bob Parsons) unethical clever tricks.

I will probably end up trying DIRECTI, for better or worse...

Although we should all put together a signed petition or mass phone & email, requesting a 1and1.com reseller domain API. They have there sh*t together, and their domain prices are only $5.99. Do you think we would have a snowballs chance in hell...? Probably not.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
manish said:
Try registering a domain name in directi reseller panel. It takes atleast 8 clicks and minimum 4 emails per domain name are sent out by the system.

of course, before you can order the name and get to the 8 clicks, you have to refill your account. Then, after you select your name, add it to the cart, check out, it tells you you cant do that because resellers can not buy. You must create a sub account (retail) in order to order.
So.... yoiu go through the process and create yet another account under your reseller account to order.
you start all over, you select the names, you go to check out, but wait. The price is different! Ahhhh, yes, its now a retail account. You send support a question, and with a little luck you hear back a week later (I get a reply rate of about 15%, so they dont have support).
you go back, readjust the priing for your own retail account under your own reseller account.

ahhhh, finally, now its only 8 clicks away!
so you get the names again, you go through ther cycle, you go to check out.
Oooooppppssssss. There are no funds!
But the first thing you did was add funds!!
AShhh, but now you are in the retail account, and therer is no way of transfering funds from your reseller account to the retail one.
Quickest way, is waste the reseller fund, and reload the retail version. You try contacting support many many times, as well as call them during India office hours, but you wait and wait.
Anyhiw, eventually you realize, that somewhere in that maze, there is somewhere an option to check out through your retail version while charging your reseller account.

As a person who has been to India a few times, and has conducted business with Indian people, I am astonished to see the incredible stiff bureacracy of that country come out on the internet.
I very rarely if ever use insulting language, but the people at directi are technically and mentally challenged to say the least.
No support, a control panel that is so dumb and complicated, it makes you wonder who created it (and that person should change careers really really fast), and a sense of general chaos and lack of knowledge by the people whom you do get in touch with ( when the Gods are on your side with all their might, which at best, is 15% at directi).

Indirecti? not a good place, search elsewhere.
directi? Get out as fast as you can.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seeker, that was pretty much the exact same experience I had with them too.

But, (and correct me if I'm wrong), if you can figure out the API then can't you handle all the registration process from your site, and bypass Directi's confusing control panel completely, or have I misunderstood how the API works?

webcomplete.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just at their site checking their reseller program pricing - its not clear though - what is their pricing?

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seeker ... you are right on. I had exactly the same experience when I started with Directi.

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used most of them, but Directi works best for me.

It's all a matter of what's important. Price wise Directi is the best.
When you have thousands of domains, a buggy interface is not an issue.
They register domains, not the best at it, but get it done and save me $.

There are others out there that are paying thousands more for nothing more than a prettier interface. I don't get it.

Again, its all a matter of what's important for each individual. For me, as a domain names collector, price is the name of the game.

There's my two cents.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the best price you can get with them?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same poor experience with interface for me too

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lowest pricing for com/net/org is 6.99
However, that does NOT include4 DNS management, which is an extra .49
(all USD)
For .in domains, it is 13.00, but you must order for 2 years.
always remember to add .49 for dns management which is essential, and, they subtract 3% from your paypal or credeit card payment...
so, it comes out to more than a full enom reseller acount.

It their site barely works...

sherritp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just call the number listed on their site. I've called three times when I was thinking of starting up with them (for shared web hosting). Since they never answered their sales phone, I'm certainly not going to rely on them to support my customers. Being generous, perhaps it is because they've been too successful and outgrown their infrastructure, but who knows.

Their web hosting control panel is a joke--can't comment on the domain one...

Is there a DirectI API? I like their model--no money up front and your price goes down as your volume goes up. You can reach the lower prices by prefunding your account.

Tim

Toker

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vivvy said:
I'm doing the reseller thing with them because they're handling .in, but I won't be moving a bunch of domains there... they don't have the best reputation of the pack when it comes to registrars... and while I have yet to have any serious problems with them, I have to feel like my registrar is solid as a rock.

I also am not fond of their control panel... you can get there, but man the trip is a pain... and you'll likely spend more time than you need to finding what is important.

Vivvy
I've been using domainsite.com for .in and no probs.
In fact I have a few hundred domains there and everything
is easy to use and they have great prices on coms ect..

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been a directi reseller for about a year and a few months. I have had no problems.

DotFrog.com domains are always priced as follows:

customer accounts
6.95 .com.org.net
2.15 .info (special thru 6/30/06)
7.49 .biz .us
12.75 .in

reseller accounts (free - no strings attached)
6.90 .com.org. net
1.95 .info (special thru 6/30/06)
7.39 .biz .us
12.70 .in

:laser: :car:

iPlox

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DirectI is excellent for reselling, if you go for one of the higher priced plans, then the investment can be recovered very quickly.

msdomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys, any update on how Directi reselling business is doing nowadays or are the problems mentioned on this thread still prevalent?

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, any update on how Directi reselling business is doing nowadays or are the problems mentioned on this thread still prevalent?

It's an old thread , didn't know they had these many probs earlier.

Anyways ; now Resellerclub (Directi) is working out quite good.Never faced any prob as such. The only thing they need to offer is cpanel & multi-domain hosting.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their panel is horrible and their abuse department goes overboard from what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom