• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

DMOZ.org and selling your listed domains beware of RATs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlmleads

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
So I listed a domain I own i-medreview.com for sale yesterday on here and Namepros.com. It was listed in DMOZ under a medical category for at least the last 4 years and maybe longer (I bought it from the previous owner about 2 years ago.)

Today I get a post on DNFORUM saying it's not in DMOZ. I do a check of DMOZ and don't find it.. I search GOOGLE and it is in GOOGLE Directory under the DMOZ categorey it was in for the last 4 years. (GOOGLE directory is the DMOZ feed for those that didn't know.)

So I go to this same category on DMOZ.org and it isn't there. Well I don't see it as any coincidence that after 4 years listed it disappears from DMOZ the same day or next day after I list the domain for sale.

Moral of the story if you have a domain in DMOZ don't list that as a selling point because some loser rat has nothing better to do then to report it to DMOZ (could be a DMOZ editor but they are essentially the same thing.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom