Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news DNForum.com under new ownership - Who are we and what do we want?

Hi all, my name is Lars and I am one of the new owners of DNForum.com. I wanted to reach out and let the community know about our short-term plans for DNForum.com and who we are. We are sorry for keeping you in suspense for these last couple of days but we wanted a chance to get the deal finalized before taking the stage.

We are two owners;
Lars - Castion, whom will be handling business management and development.
Oliver - Seek99, whom will help with the strategic vision and act as a business advisor.

We know it is a monumental task to bring DNForum.com back from the brink its teetering on (/fell off) but we believe that its possible by focusing on the core values that made DNForum.com great. A lot of people invested their money, time and wisdom here and that deserves respect. We hope to return some of that invested energy back to our community members in the form of actual tangible benefits.

Some of our short-term goals are;
A return to the gold / platinum / exclusive membership classes and forums. /now done
A roll back to some of the old forums categories. /now done
A new design to help us turn a fresh page. /now done
Bringing back the trader ratings. /now done
Removing Adsense ads. /now done
Killing the crypto forums. (Already done).

We will not be taking the forums offline but will implement our updates piecemeal during the coming months.

Overall, we want to move the focus away from creating short term profits and towards building a sustainable community that is laser focused on domain name investing and discussion. Our end goal is for DNForum.com to rise from the ashes reinvigorated as the go to place for professionals in our industry.

Some of our long-term development goals are;
Implementing a tag-based marketplace system and search.
Bringing value and benefits back into the exclusive membership.
Making user-driven innovation a focal point for further development.

We are not kidding ourselves. It won't be an easy task, but we are in it for the long run. In the end many small steps goes a long way. We hope that you will join us in this journey and help us achieve our goal.

Finally we would like to thank the previous owners of DNForum.com for their assistance in making this transaction easy and agreeable. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

-------------------------------------------------------Bio's-------------------------------------------------------

Oliver Hoger
Oliver has been an active trader of high quality domain names the past 10 years. Both as a buyer and seller of domain names but also as a broker for many high-profile clients. Oliver is a well know trader amongst the regulars of the high end domain aftermarket. Oliver is based in the Euro time zone.

Lars Lima
Lars has been in the domain name industry for the past 13 years as an independent investor and broker of short domain names at www.DNand.com. He carries a MSc in International business management and has a history in sales and marketing. Lars is based in Denmark.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to see old timer here, the good one. Looking forward to see this dead forum alive again :)

By the way, I have a lifetime Exclusive will that come back too?
Can someone help me change my name from "KING dot NET" to "EM @MAJ.com". I now use EM @MAJ.com for domain transaction.

And if you need additional Mod, be happy to join.

Cheers for now.
Done. Please check and let me know.

Thanks,
John

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great to have you back!

I haven’t posted much in the past but that will change. Glad to see the forum come alive again and congrats to the new owners!

Cheers!

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent...Johnn, Oliver and Lars, maybe for once the AD and cronies stench will be cast aside for a better ownership and improved domain topics with many of the outstanding people that have been here for years. Good Luck

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow....you really paid your dues Lars...

I used to mod the .mobi forum at NP.. Man that was not fun, all that money lost and all those hopeful people.

Kind of reminds me of a similar situation today...

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uhmmm ....Let's call you Lars for now;)

Sorry read it as seek99:oops::D Hey I'm old OKo_O:D

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh well maybe I am just not up to date with the latest tech! Is that a SAS or do we need to buy a box or something?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators