Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal Dnforuser - Backed out of deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we need a forum for "resolved forum sales" as a graveyard for these sorts of threads.

Domain Summit 2024

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Allow me to quote rule #8 :)

We take reputation, credibility, and trust very seriously, and so should you!

I think it would be reasonable to allow a buyer to make a decision when entering into a non-refundable purchase. In this case no transaction had begun.

Can't imagine what this forum would be like if everyone made this much of an issue out of a backout buyer :lol:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or just add [RESOLVED] to the thread title

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Consider this scenario -
A person attends a classy art gallery full of one of a kind items, on a day where they are having an exclusive sale open by invitation only to members of the art club, previous customers, and the like, and this person has them take a piece of art off the wall and bring it to either the front counter or the back layaway bins so they can complete the purchase - they say they will buy it. Then they later back out (for whatever reason is a digression), and the gallery missed the opportunity to sell to everyone else that attended the show that day - is that fair to the gallery? Do you think they will invite the person back to do this to them again?

We're dealing with one of a kind digital items here, that have a unique nature to them - similar to the above artwork scenario. The difference, though, is the gallery as the seller has the choice as to invite the people back to their invitation only sales. Sellers here don't have such a clear cut option. This is why DNForum has guidelines and best practice policies posted throughout the site.
Time is of the essence to complete the sale in all fairness to both parties.
DNForum is a venue well known as a platform where business is done.
If we don't have bankable, credible, & trustworthy members, what are we left with?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to buy a name...don't post sold...period!
If you're not sure....think about it...if someone else jumps on it that's the way it goes...

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey worked for the Cowboys :lol:

In this case the zero's were clearly posted, I give the buyer credit for not using the lame excuse that he thought it was $90 ;)

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buyers retract bids and offers all the time. Recently someone here offered $200 for one of my domains, never replied never paid. I actually ended up selling the domain for $1200 on Sedo the week after, hahah.

It is known that a domain is not sold until Seller posts SOLD in thread.

btw, just reached 70 itrader! :eek:k::drum::plane::humble::laser::clap2:

K

karter9977

I was right all a long. He stole my domain. Paypal was taken out of my account last night.

I NEED HELP to get my name back.

Steve

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was right all a long. He stole my domain. Paypal was taken out of my account last night.

I NEED HELP to get my name back.

Steve

when will you guys learn...

{shakes head}

K

karter9977

I hope I can get this name back. I just called Moniker and left them a VoiceMail. Hopefully Monte will sign on AIM lol so I can talk to him. I need this guy was bad news and im pumching myself for seconding guessing and going through with the deal.

Yea it looks like he pushed the name already.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope I can get this name back. I just called Moniker and left them a VoiceMail. Hopefully Monte will sign on AIM lol so I can talk to him. I need this guy was bad news and im pumching myself for seconding guessing and going through with the deal.

Yea it looks like he pushed the name already.
I feel for you and it pisses me off. Makes me want to reach through the monitor and strangle these low-life ass-clowns but you gotta pay attention when you see someone who's just registered, no posts, no itrader, etc.

Raises red flags, ya'know?

K

karter9977

VirtualT- I guess this is my learning expierence. I guess I have to learn the hard way.

DD - Yea, its really my fault it had to come to this. I will talk with Monte hopefully soon to try and resolve this.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VirtualT- I guess this is my learning expierence. I guess I have to learn the hard way.

DD - Yea, its really my fault it had to come to this. I will talk with Monte hopefully soon to try and resolve this.

I think most of us have been scammed at least once at some point.
It's upsetting to everyone on the forum when stuff like this happens..

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ugh, you may not be alone...he just bought a LLL.net from me earlier today. I hadn't had a problem on PayPal in a looong time, and never from someone on a domain forum, but it looks like he has tried to reverse the PayPal now. It's an Enom name, so I'm guessing if PayPal does in fact reverse the charge, I'm probably screwed (unless someone here has had success getting names back on Enom?).

I reeeeally hate people that do this - it makes me want to use escrow on every transaction, which then makes everything turtle slow. :(

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you would expecting that paypal would see there is something fishy going on if he all of a sudden charges back multiple items from different sellers

K

karter9977

Nametrader- This guy must like stealing LLL.net's from people named Steve lol. I wish you the best of luck in getting your name back as well. Hopefully enom and moniker will get us our names back some way some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators