Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal Dnforuser - Backed out of deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The scammer uses a compromised Paypal account.

Domain Summit 2024

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you would expecting that paypal would see there is something fishy going on if he all of a sudden charges back multiple items from different sellers

You would think so but this is paypal after all. They'll give some bullshit about it not being an ebay item/digital goods/blah blah blah.

Paypal - as useful as my last girlfriend.

Hopefully enom and moniker can get the domains back.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The names haven't had time to be transferred so if both of the Steve's have a good rapport with Enom and Moniker (which I am sure they do) they should freeze them to say the least...
Best of luck guys.....I sure hope you don't have to count on PP...

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The names haven't had time to be transferred so if both of the Steve's have a good rapport with Enom and Moniker (which I am sure they do) they should freeze them to say the least...
Best of luck guys.....I sure hope you don't have to count on PP...

I spoke with someone at Enom and unfortunately they were among the last remaining people there today, but said they will take care of it in the morning and asked that I submit a ticket. I included the PP "investigation" ID #, the transaction # of me and the scammer, and the scammer's PP and Enom IDs. We'll see what happens. If it's a compromised PP account, the PP will obviously be reversed. I wish Paypal's original email mentioned something about a possibly compromised account, or I wouldn't have waited so long to act on it...it sounded like a "routine period investigation of occasional random transfers". Thank you PP! Ugh.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buyer made offers on a few of my domains. They weren't any LLL.net but a couple hundred dollars domains. He never followed through with the transaction.

I have dealt with this before. Hopefully you can get your names back. Paypal is useless in this situation except to help the scammer and allow them to continue scamming. Some registrars are good about returning domains, not sure about Enom.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I now actually can appreciate Enom's no push or transfer within 7 days policy and see why they might have such a policy. This asshole can't turn around and sell this as fast as he'd like to I'm sure.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just sent a PM to MonikerMan (Monte) here at DNF and asked him if he got it to look in on the thread...

K

karter9977

thanks again jaydub

yea paypal is useless in this situation

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy will be gone for GOOD no doubt about it.

I lost 2.5k to another a*****e too, it sucks. Sucker paid from a stolen paypal account. These guys are everywhere. Beware.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is terrible terrible news.
PM sent...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread moved back to Unresolved Forum Sales.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I really feel bad for not raising the flags earlier :( I saw it coming, don't ask how. I just had a hunch. DNForum should consider banning entire IP ranges, including those that belong to Russia and perhaps China. The amount of scamming is incredible.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really feel bad for not raising the flags earlier :( I saw it coming, don't ask how. I just had a hunch. DNForum should consider banning entire IP ranges, including those that belong to Russia and perhaps China. The amount of scamming is incredible.

Maybe the whole ""LOL))) i sent u PM to check your paypal account ($900), also i send extra $25 as a present = $925.... check ur account...." gave you the hunch...
Free money! SURE, right...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, it's usually the frantic buying that sets these flags.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the whole ""LOL))) i sent u PM to check your paypal account ($900), also i send extra $25 as a present = $925.... check ur account...." gave you the hunch...
Free money! SURE, right...

Sucks cuz my transaction was on NP, but same username, and he had a positive feedback there too. Still doesn't excuse using PP for a $1,200 sale to a n00b, but I'm getting fed up with escrow'd transactions moving at the speed of snail and this is amazingly the first time anyone on either forum has scammed me.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing to note here, I am not partial when it comes to race or region. But from my experience we are getting ditched because of our own good attitude. In general here we don't feel skeptical about each and everything most of the times we just do it in confidence. I am talking about US and Canada. I am fooled twice past year and lost 5 grand in total in money and I lost peace too for making a fool out of myself by blindly believing the other party.

lesson learned will be careful from now on and be vigilant, I advice you all to do the same also.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warning just sent out to those who have been involved in PM's with him recently.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have agreed to purchase a domain you have a right to change your mind. I have had plenty of buyers back out of a sale. I didn't make any public issue of it. I don't see the reason for negative itrader for a transaction that was not even started.

Also you say you don't care but have created a thread and left negative itrader, lol.
Exactly, agree. Usually such trheads are created only by people which got offered a lot for a crappy domain. People with good domains do not care - they know they can sell anytime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators