Do you consider backlinks ,Previous Domain redirects and Archive before you purchase a domain name ?

• Dear DNForum.com user,

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. As we are based in Gibraltar which is part of the EU and we have customers all over the world we are obligated to follow the new regulation as of May 25, 2018.

Accordingly, although we must request full contact information from each of you so our systems and webpage may continue to function we will restrict processing and data transfers as much as possible. When logged into DNForum.com we will display only your chosen handle and no other specific information unless requested by you. In order to request your specific information be revealed please go into your account settings and check the radio boxes next to the information. By default all information is private.

To cover all aspects of GDPR we have published a new / updated agreement (which includes our terms and privacy policy) that will become effective on May 25, 2018. It may be found at: https://www.dnforum.com/help/terms/

Onward and upwards;

Best DNForum.com

pennymalone

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 19, 2018
usa
I am a complete SEO guy stepping into Domain reselling ...I have been stumbled upon which domain to buy..I find some good expired domains and deleted domains having high appraisal value and dictionary words and few having keywords with high search volume and cpc but most of these domains were spammed earlier i.e use as PBNs ..Do the sellers purchase my domain if it was spammed before ...do they check the SEO ( i mean to point out only wayback ) of the domain even though it has good search volume and is a dictionary word. My whole point is to buy good domains and resell them. So please help me with this...

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
some people buy domains with backlinks
but the links should be checked before purchasing

people buy dictionary words too, but the words should have some commercial or viable usage for monetization
and....some dictionary words don't have any resell value at all

best bet, is to buy names that make sense, or domains that are part of the "in demand" groups.

imo.....

pennymalone

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 19, 2018
usa
Thanks ..How do you scrape domains? Do you go to auctions or you just find the high volume keywords and there by checking the domain availability?

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
domainers have a variety of different strategies

some rely on 'gut feelings', acquired from experiences endured over the years, along with various research tools to assist in domain selection.

some stick with 'in demand" categories, like LLL/NNN.com/net/org , 4 letter com, etc.

some like to mix it up and do a little in demand and future trends....

while some try to capitalize on what's hot now.

some delve into country code extensions, while others bet on new gtld's.

some specialize in what they brought to the table, before they found domaining

some build for those aspiring to be domainers, proving the picks and shovels (tools) you think, you'll need.

and many participate in auctins and query thousands of keyword volume searches per day.

read, learn and understand first, prior to making the leap

imo....