Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do you consider backlinks ,Previous Domain redirects and Archive before you purchase a domain name ?

pennymalone

Reaction score
I am a complete SEO guy stepping into Domain reselling ...I have been stumbled upon which domain to buy..I find some good expired domains and deleted domains having high appraisal value and dictionary words and few having keywords with high search volume and cpc but most of these domains were spammed earlier i.e use as PBNs ..Do the sellers purchase my domain if it was spammed before ...do they check the SEO ( i mean to point out only wayback ) of the domain even though it has good search volume and is a dictionary word. My whole point is to buy good domains and resell them. So please help me with this...

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some people buy domains with backlinks
but the links should be checked before purchasing

people buy dictionary words too, but the words should have some commercial or viable usage for monetization
and....some dictionary words don't have any resell value at all

best bet, is to buy names that make sense, or domains that are part of the "in demand" groups.

imo.....

pennymalone

Reaction score
Thanks ..How do you scrape domains? Do you go to auctions or you just find the high volume keywords and there by checking the domain availability?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainers have a variety of different strategies

some rely on 'gut feelings', acquired from experiences endured over the years, along with various research tools to assist in domain selection.

some stick with 'in demand" categories, like LLL/NNN.com/net/org , 4 letter com, etc.

some like to mix it up and do a little in demand and future trends....

while some try to capitalize on what's hot now.

some delve into country code extensions, while others bet on new gtld's.

some specialize in what they brought to the table, before they found domaining

some build for those aspiring to be domainers, proving the picks and shovels (tools) you think, you'll need.

and many participate in auctins and query thousands of keyword volume searches per day.

read, learn and understand first, prior to making the leap

imo....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators