Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do you guys know anything abut PROFORMA.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

DJCOM

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't help but get this feeling you think I'm some 15-year-old kid trying to buy domains with his birthday money.

$83 would be awesome.

But even $8,300 would be a start.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I made an offer earlier of $100,000 on another email address as a frustrated joke....

They come back to me and offer $52,000

The response they gave me @ $83,000 I didn't even make an offer.

I don't know what they're smoking but I want some.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think youre a kid, Im just speaking of actual value. The name is crap, it may be worth $8300 to you but for $8300 rebrand yourself with a good name :)

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont think youre a kid, Im just speaking of actual value. The name is crap, it may be worth $8300 to you but for $8300 rebrand yourself with a good name :)

Exactly!

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frank Schilling is one of the most respected domainers and has one of the best portfolios of domains in the world. I am not convinced $83,000 is a ridiculous asking price without knowing the domain.

It might just be possible that you are undervaluing the domain. It is hard to know without the actual domain.

Brad

I am sick of this BS "most respected domainers" all it means is that they have mots of money,anybody who has money and buys a few nice generics is all of a sudden put into this category......like that rest of the clowns....win the lottery and then become one of the industry respected domainers,why people hang onto their BS every word...God Knows !

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sometimes successful people earn the wrath of those that did not achieve the same. It's part of human psychology.

On the argument of weather seedz.com is worth $83k or not, maybe twitter.com wasn't worth five figures as a name either.

Instead of complaining about whether Proforma.com is legit or not, focus on building your .biz for the $15 that you spent it'd be a satisfying project to behold.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The mail order and internet order seeds business is probably huge, for vegetable and fruit plants, flowers, etc. The name is a great brandable for that (which seedz.co.uk is already doing). The Seedz are also a music group. The price they are asking seems high, but lets face it they are in a position to ask top dollar and treat every enquiry like it's the ultimate end user. If I saw that name sell for 83k in a DNJournal report I wouldn't be too surprised, look at what a lot of names on there sell for that aren't one and two word great keywords. As a seller, you always try to get the maximum for your domain that suits your current situation, when you get an enquiry. If you are still interested in the name, just respond with your final offer and explain why.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

The problem with domains is, can anyone really say what the exact price for Seedz.com should be? It's worth what the buyer and seller can both agree on.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely not worth the asking price IMO, even as an end user.
But I guess Frank can't be bothered with low-value transactions - he shoots high to make his time worthwhile. Move on.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And if you build a business based on the .biz you will only be raising the value of the .com...

If the price doesn't drop for what you are looking for, which seems almost certain, go to an alternative...

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes successful people earn the wrath of those that did not achieve the same. It's part of human psychology.

anybody can do it if you have the enough funds......

On the argument of weather seedz.com is worth $83k or not, maybe twitter.com wasn't worth five figures as a name either.

Correct but i believe twitter was always more valuable than seedz as at least twitter is a dictionary word.....

Instead of complaining about whether Proforma.com is legit or not, focus on building your .biz for the $15 that you spent it'd be a satisfying project to behold.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread to read, given my company owns seeds.com (proper spelling). I do hope you spend millions promoting seedz.com, as it makes the proper domain even more valuable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom