Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

seeking advice Do you think investing in .XYZ is a good idea

The author of this thread is seeking advice or feedback from the community.
Domain summit 2024

saurabgami977

Level 1
Reaction score
Yes, it will be best if you can grab short one letter domain names

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the screenshot is fake. xyz is secondary domain. most of the people use it to create backlinks
No, that's not fake. Check Namebio there are many .xyz reported as sold.

Did you know anything about Otherside?

Well, it's the most hyped NFT project and it's using one Sweta sold domain which she sold for $30k. Otherside.xyz that's the name.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Investing? No, absolutely not. Nothing wrong with developing one those and driving your own traffic. All but the most elite domain names/extensions should not be considered "investments" Websites, Traffic, Content...that is were money can be made. A good domain name can go a long way toward establishing credibility, branding, and ease of discovery/understanding but those are all secondary benefits.

Anita

Level 4
Reaction score
The surge in .XYZ sales in the past year has made us all believe anew in this extension. Domaining is a calculated risk business. Thankfully the cost of investing in XYZ names is not extremely high so dabbling in it and doing some quick flips to cover your costs is not a bad idea. I sold MetaTribe.xyz for $4k+ and reinvested around 30-40% of it back into XYZ names. Very eager to see if this actually works. Wish me luck :)

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lead came in on a .XYZ domain at my job.

"The domain is a .XYZ, it's spam."
😄

Wtf would you invest in that? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anita

Level 4
Reaction score
Lead came in on a .XYZ domain at my job.

"The domain is a .XYZ, it's spam."

Wtf would you invest in that? 🤷🏽‍♂️

.XYZ is being used by end users for one. Many new tech companies are preferring to use .XYZ as an alternative to .COM. As domainers we have to invest in the beginning (instead of after it is fully acceptable) to actually make a significant return. An ability to look into the the future and find names that will define new horizons. .XYZ has grown on me and .COM is still my favorite. There is room for a few top choices and .XYZ seems to be fast overtaking all the other non-COMs in terms of adoption by new tech startups/companies.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
I agree that .COM is the most popular TLD but I don't think every .xyz sales are fake.

I myself sold one and other people who I know sold many.
Here's what a well respected industry friend of mine has to say about .xyz as compared to .link;

".LINK is not worse than .XYZ.

The .XYZ folks have created hype by posting lots of domain sales. The unknown is whether most of the big ones are real.

Nevertheless, the speculators chase the hype.

Until end users start to adopt it, the market is a bit like beanie babies."

For the record, you might say I'm in the HYPE business. I've started, named and operated over a dozen businesses since 1970 some of which are still operating successfully today. When I read this about .link;

i just knew this was opportunity knocking. To date I've accumulated a little over a thousand .link domains that rival .xyz domains from Swetha's portfolio that consists of 20,000 domains. Here are additional reasons why i prefer .link over .xyz; https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/l/link.htm

Anyone else see what i see, and how associating it with Linkedin can be a powerful tool?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
I don't follow fake sales.

See here! .com is king. 👑

Sure .com is king, and there's no denying that. .com is rarely available much less affordable for the "average" consumer. However there are alternatives and lots of them. As a business guy myself i looked at buying the domain Yachting.xyz so I keyed that to my URL and here is what i discovered; https://yachting.xyz/

Wowser!.....Swetha owns Yachting.xyz and she's trying/hoping to sell it on DAN.com for $109,888....talk about sticker shocko_O So then i checked for Yachting.net and here is what i found; https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/yachting.net?landerid=yachting62a83e2a644209.23063852

Recently discovering the extension .LINK i checked to see if the domain Yachting.link was available, and Voila! I'm embarrassed to tell you how much I paid for it......what i paid for it is as absurd as what Swetha is asking for yachting.xyz.

I've now registered over a thousand .link domains similar to their .xyz counterpart. So as an answer to Furquan who started this thread with the question; "Do you think investing in .XYZ is a good idea?" My answer, maybe it is for you Furquan, but i think you're betting on the wrong horse;)

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
The extension has a real chance at becoming the new #2 to .com, especially because of google.

However, I still think ultimately you will see a lot of upgrades to .com if the company can afford it/ acquire the .com.

Having to say square.xyz is still quite a bit more cumbersome than saying square.com

This debate will probably go on forever but if I had to make a new business name I would rather make one up and use the .com than use the .xyz

MapleDots.xyz just does not carry as much weight as MapleDots.com

PS. All that said, if I can make money on one I will register it in a New York minute.
MapleDots....i didn't know they had a New York minute in Kitchener;) I see where Kitchener.xyz and Kitchener.link are both gone......they yours? Remember DomainGourmet.com? I still own it and waiting for you to help develop it:) Thanks for pointing out that "xyz" is spoken or said using three syllables vs .com and .link uses just one. My friend who said, "LINK is not worse than .XYZ" was "spot on" with his/her analysis. As an fyi, i did spend $116 to register the Premium domain Catering.link, especially when the xyz equivalent is selling for $149,888.00 @ DAN. Also, SAW appraises Catering.com for over 2M and Catering.xyz for $15,000 to $20,000. Of course like you I don't have much confidence in appraisals, but they're fun to show "end users" when it's appropriate. Thanks, and like you've heard me say dozens of times, "I Love❣️ Canada"

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My friend who said, "LINK is not worse than .XYZ" was "spot on" with his/her analysis.
Hi

how many times are you going to keep repeating same line

also, this thread is not about .link, or your .link names,
so please refrain from injecting .link into discussion.

you already have created two threads on that extension.

Thanks for your cooperation

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Hi

how many times are you going to keep repeating same line

also, this thread is not about .link, or your .link names,
so please refrain from injecting .link into discussion.

you already have created two threads on that extension.

Thanks for your cooperation
Sorry......(.)link is part of of my DNA now, and with (.)xyz being the TLD that's closest in comparison, it's very hard not to mention it. Sorry you're so offended☹️

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators