Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion Domain Apps

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with developing an app but would luv to partner with someone to help develop an app called PrayTheirName(s).com.
Last I checked, Buddhists, Hindu's, Christians, Islam and Jews all pray, and BILLIONS of them have names.

There have been lots of papers written about the healing affect of prayer especially when people know others are praying for them.

Also have PrayHerName.com and PrayHisName.com......Thoughts?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't get the concept of the app. Is it to help people pray or to help remind people to pray?

You should always look into whether there's a market for something before pursuing it as well.

It looks like prayer times can meet a small market, but is that enough to make money from?

Then you have something like I believe Epik's PrayerMeeting where people can join and pray together.

It doesn't look like there was any thought put into this post to give anyone guidance, or no thought put into the names before registration which will do you far worse investing by flushing money.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
"I don't get the concept of the app. Is it to help people pray or to help remind people to pray?"

First, thanks for replying. It's much simpler than that....every anniversary of 9/11 in America there's a ceremony remembering the innocent victims "names" who lost their lives. At a church service I attend we say/pray the "names" of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, and even enemies/foe.

"You should always look into whether there's a market for something before pursuing it as well"

Oh I have.....not only have I spoken to my pastor about it, but also friends and relatives who think it's a pretty cool idea. How often do you think of others who might benefit from you praying their name.

"It looks like prayer times can meet a small market, but is that enough to make money from?

The market is actually HUGE considering there are BILLIONS of Christians, Hindu's, Buddhists, Jews and Islamist's around the world who pray. With regards to making money, I've been told app's like this are free, but if it becomes successful there's millions of dollars to be made.

I'm all about risk vs.reward, and investing $9 for the domain PrayTheirName(s).com is barely lunch money. With regards to my not having put any thought into this, from meeting with my pastor, discussing this with family and friends, registering this domain, and conversing with you right now I'd say I have about 10 hours of thought put into this. And this doesn't include the hundreds of names I've prayed while just driving around town. Make sense? Do you understand the concept any better now? Thanks again.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, thanks for replying. It's much simpler than that....every anniversary of 9/11 in America there's a ceremony remembering the innocent victims "names" who lost their lives
So this is to pray for every name of those fallen during and possibly after 9/11?
Oh I have.....not only have I spoken to my pastor about it, but also friends and relatives who think it's a pretty cool idea.
You should really broaden your horizon. The closest people like this are usually all supportive and will never be negative when you have so much enthusiasm about something. It's important to have people around you that will point out the negative and to also listen to them and why before making a decision.
With regards to making money, I've been told app's like this are free, but if it becomes successful there's millions of dollars to be made.
I see a lot of apps and they definitely are free, but free to make? You can look at $10,000 putting into an app.
I'm all about risk vs.reward, and investing $9 for the domain PrayTheirName(s).com is barely lunch money.
Lunch money this year and lunch money next year without dropping more than thought and money into it. Like Tulb, I dropped $1155 into the name alone. I've been dropping hundreds here and there to build the brand, to include photographers and models.
Do you understand the concept any better now?
I don't understand the problem that you are trying to solve, and with 10 hours into it, you should be able to better articulate your mission about the app, what exactly you want it to do, and why people will benefit from it.

Perhaps give this some more time looking into competitors and seeing how well-off they may be doing, with how much invested they have into it (as I guarantee you it's not just $9 for a name).

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Have you ever asked yourself, "
So this is to pray for every name of those fallen during and possibly after 9/11?

You should really broaden your horizon. The closest people like this are usually all supportive and will never be negative when you have so much enthusiasm about something. It's important to have people around you that will point out the negative and to also listen to them and why before making a decision.

I see a lot of apps and they definitely are free, but free to make? You can look at $10,000 putting into an app.

Lunch money this year and lunch money next year without dropping more than thought and money into it. Like Tulb, I dropped $1155 into the name alone. I've been dropping hundreds here and there to build the brand, to include photographers and models.

I don't understand the problem that you are trying to solve, and with 10 hours into it, you should be able to better articulate your mission about the app, what exactly you want it to do, and why people will benefit from it.

Perhaps give this some more time looking into competitors and seeing how well-off they may be doing, with how much invested they have into it (as I guarantee you it's not just $9 for a name).
Have you ever asked yourself "Why didn't I think of that?" This concept has gone way over your head....try asking some of your friends or peers if they ever think about their family, their friends, heroes etc? Of course they do....then ask them if they might like to pray their name to the cloud where their name will be there forever.

No more time to discuss....i'm headed to the gym, but on my way I'll pray your name. I hope you don't mind.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No more time to discuss....i'm headed to the gym, but on my way I'll pray your name. I hope you don't mind.
Don't mind at all.

You just opened this discussion about how you can monetize this name with an app. I'm just wondering how this app will function to make money. Will it have a random name/snippet about the person pop up when the app is opened and then someone can pray for them? Will the app be subscription-based or a one-time fee or will it be free and names interrupted with ads?

How far did you think this through and how much do you intend on dropping into this beyond $9?

There are so many directions you can take this, but the stark reality with other similar apps mentioned is that the use is quite low. So, I wouldn't expect millions or even close to billions from this... You might be able to sell 10,000 copies for $2.95 each, which isn't a bad return once developed. Again, it all depends on the functionality and if you're looking for input on that or if you already have an idea of what you want, then it just reverts back to how much beyond $9 are you looking to drop into it.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cost to build the app, $5K.
Cost to maintain the app, $5k /year ( hosting, support, bug fixes, upgrades )
Marketing: If you get lucky and are featured on a TV show great, otherwise $10K / month.

How do you make money? One time purchase, subscription, or are you going to sell peoples information?

As a developer, why do I need you if you're not going to pay to develop and market the app?

Not trying to be mean but those are the questions you need to answer.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Thanks Mr-X.....saw a vanity license yesterday, MrWas and thought it was really cool.

"As a developer, why do I need you if you're not going to pay to develop and market the app?"

You don't as long as you're able to come up with this idea or something similar on your own. I started a medical billing company AcSel way back in 1980. I had the vision, but if it weren't for my partner Phil who had a computer science degree from LSU the company never would have survived, unless of course I could of attracted another Phil. You see, i had enough faith in Phil and he in me that we built a successful company together.

As for paying to develop the app....if the idea is worth a damn I hope to attract another Phil to partner with me. Make sense?
Cost to build the app, $5K.
Cost to maintain the app, $5k /year ( hosting, support, bug fixes, upgrades )
Marketing: If you get lucky and are featured on a TV show great, otherwise $10K / month.

How do you make money? One time purchase, subscription, or are you going to sell peoples information?

As a developer, why do I need you if you're not going to pay to develop and market the app?

Not trying to be mean but those are the questions you need to answer.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As for paying to develop the app....if the idea is worth a damn I hope to attract another Phil to partner with me. Make sense?
Makes sense.

Looking for someone that can share your vision and essentially work for free. I hope you gave Phil quite a lot of shares in the last company, as it seems like he was a primary force in it, and I hope you plan to do the same for a developer here as they don't come by as cheap anymore since most know their worth.

Good luck!

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr-X.....saw a vanity license yesterday, MrWas and thought it was really cool.

"As a developer, why do I need you if you're not going to pay to develop and market the app?"

You don't as long as you're able to come up with this idea or something similar on your own. I started a medical billing company AcSel way back in 1980. I had the vision, but if it weren't for my partner Phil who had a computer science degree from LSU the company never would have survived, unless of course I could of attracted another Phil. You see, i had enough faith in Phil and he in me that we built a successful company together.

Yes. I've seen a lot of people unable to answer that question. The idea is easy, the execution is hard. Teams need a leader.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. I've seen a lot of people unable to answer that question. The idea is easy, the execution is hard. Teams need a leader.
They also need to eat though.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound too well thought out to me, as I brought the monetization issue up quite a while ago asking if it was a paid app, subscriber-based, or if ads would appear. Something as basic as that should be touched on as that is essentially the entire business model.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Mr-X.....i'm a leader with a proven track record. Does that count?

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
i refer you to the start o
Right, I was following up. Last 5 years, can you list some completed projects you've done.
i refer you to the start of this thread....."I'm not familiar with developing an app but would luv to partner with someone to help develop an app called PrayTheirName(s).com."

Would you like to help?.....i'll pray your name☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom