Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Hijacker On The Prowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its all false,

i had a account here under MIR, it was terminated due to the fact i was a noobie and was posting too much sales threads and asking for $1 million each domain i owned.. i did not know better.. and found out the hard way and lost my account.. i discussed my case with the owner of another forum were the member here "DREAMKING" decided to post threads claiming i stole his domain, which i sold to him for $2 LOL... the CONMAN did not update his contact info, and failed to remove his worhtless domain from my reseller account which i closed due to the fact Godaddy had a better rate... lol read about it here

http://www.dnforum.com/f122/dot247-com-scam-thread-240983.html

no more about me, lets all hope William gets his domains back.. now thats a REAL CASE OF SCAM..

best wishes

Domain Summit 2024

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As many people here know, I had the same thing happen to me a few months back. To be honest, I dont think you will have a problem getting your names back. UNDO works fast, but you need to stay ontop of them, and push them to keep working on your case. It wont hurt to put "Urgent" in your subject. Out of all my registeres, Godaddy handled my situation the quickest.

Not sure if you checked your emails, My accounts were hacked though my email accounts. Make sure you still have access to them. Check paypal, and any other online ventures you may hold.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread inspired me to go lock the 8% of my GoDaddy domains that were unlocked. It's nice that you can do an "advanced search" that produces a list of all your unlocked domains there.

If you have some unlocked, go lock 'em!

As many of you know, I had an LLL.net stolen earlier this year (through my own carelessness/stupidity) but eventually got it back. William, I hope your domains come home soon too.

-Dave

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread inspired me to go lock the 8% of my GoDaddy domains that were unlocked.

Thanks, I did the same and also took screenshots of the domains listed in my GD account. Next step is to print out all of the invoices!

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you checked your emails, My accounts were hacked though my email accounts.

Good point. If you emailed this info to GD, it may have been hacked in transit. Last year, I had been emailing new regs to my GD account rep per his advice for a discount. Then one day the best reg in several I emailed was regged by someone with a Colombia address moments before my GD rep regged my other ones. That's the last time I emailed new regs to GD. I think there's some sort of spyware on incoming email there.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope you get all your domain names back soon.

TW

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. GoDaddy support is good for nothing.

I said NoDaddy and transferred all of my domains over to moniker almost a year ago.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback - as for the member mir or whatever.. I dont know that person and never have dealt with them I dont think and from the comments I dont think I will anytime soon..

Anyway the 6 kids (how do you do it?)

Oh it was easy... Just a lot of play time with the ladies and a lot of domain deals over the past few years. It is always easier to deal with life and stresses and a lot of kids when you are blesses with a good income and free-time.

However It does get crazy sometimes....

Anyway I am sure godaddy will see the scam here at hand - and reverse the domain disaster. I just hope they do it before all the names resolve to a new host of the domain bandit's choice a screw up some of my business.

I have 3 main sites I use for most of my bread and butter. the three sites have a combo of about 95,000 members

I plan on changing to another regist. after all of this and also replacing my main pc with a fresh one and updating all of my passwords and such...

Hope I dont lose many customers..

Oh and JP - The domain I got from you was not affected since not at godaddy.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh and JP - The domain I got from you was not affected since not at godaddy.

Good to hear, at one time I could have helped with godaddy but the legal head moved on about a year ago so no contact there anymore. I am sure it will work out in the end.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is what info I have gathered so far:

Name used: ismaili, rashid / Rashid ismaili

domains owned: FunyTube.com

emails used: [email protected] and [email protected]

Digitalpoint! member name: rachidis

profile on DP - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=96064

AKA: internet handle: noobcash

Sites he/she (noobcash, funytube, rachidis) visited and left ip trail:

http://gptreasure.com/userinfo.php?uid=130118
www.funytube.com
http://boardreader.com/t/qsm_yrud_umshariy_alayday_541764/5snt_lltsgil_417260.html

possible hit with egold account number (member post rachidis):
http://www.goldage.net/im-offering/30007-fast-10cents-up-grab.html

Doing More research now on international domains and forums...

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks JP - Will do...

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow!
I see this icidents occuring more and more each day!
I ve found a simple way to fool these programs that log what u type.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry to hear about this, I'm sure that it will all get resolved, just hang in there and be patient...it's no money...you can't hide it :) If anything, we'll start a revolution and go on a manhunt...Oh and hello DnForums...here's my first post.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its all false,

i had a account here under MIR, it was terminated due to the fact i was a noobie and was posting too much sales threads and asking for $1 million each domain i owned.. i did not know better.. and found out the hard way and lost my account.. i discussed my case with the owner of another forum were the member here "DREAMKING" decided to post threads claiming i stole his domain, which i sold to him for $2 LOL... the CONMAN did not update his contact info, and failed to remove his worhtless domain from my reseller account which i closed due to the fact Godaddy had a better rate... lol read about it here

http://www.dnforum.com/f122/dot247-com-scam-thread-240983.html

no more about me, lets all hope William gets his domains back.. now thats a REAL CASE OF SCAM..

best wishes
Quoted for reference to help in investigations.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved to legal issues.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What registrars should do; they should offer their customers a sort of "security key", which requires you to enter a unique 8 digit code every time you want to alter your domains, like transferring, altering DNS settings etc. This is the same thing they use in banks all over the world and now PayPal are offering their customers the same key generator.

This way the registrars would eliminate this type of hijacking. Even if someone would happen to have your login details at the registrar, they would still need the key generator in order to actually do anything with the domains.

I hope you will get them back swiftly and it's sad that these things keep happening. :(

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on how they gained access?

* Password logger on your computer?
(HTML enabled in email and/or Active-X in MSIE are common vectors for trojans)

* You used a free email service like Hotmail / Yahoo?
(many such services have known security flaws)

* Bruteforce attack on your GoDaddy account?

* Social engineering - they contacted GoDaddy pretending to be you?

* Inside job by a GoDaddy employee?

In regards to registrar security ... starting your own registrar is really the only way to be truly secure ... if you're grossing $5K per day (I'm lucky to earn that in a month :lol:), then having your own registrar is a nominal expense that can likely be mostly written off anyways.

Ron

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure it was most likely a combo of some sort of virus/spyware and social hacking... I am buying a new PC today just to be double safe an dto start off fresh...

Also - We bring in $5k a day from our ventures but I do have a lot of over head - I personally dont make 5k a day usually. I am lucky to pocket $5-7k per week sometimes.

I think that domainers shoud unite and start a registrar just for us and all pay in on doing it but get domains at costs. I mean between all of the legit domainers we all must hold hundreds of thousands of domains... It could be like a credit union like all of us pay dues upfront to get it going and all of us own teh registrar and get domains at cost basically..

Well - It is 9 am I have been up on night skip tracing the hijacker with the info in my previosly posted post - I have a lot of good info I will be sharing with us law inforcement and international agencies as well.

Godaddy will hopefully contact me today.... I will be hounding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom