Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain In Invalid Whois Purgatory!

imperativedomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been trying to chase down a domain from a company that went bankrupt, and all of the contact information is no longer valid (bad phone, bad email). All the former owners claim to no longer have any access to any accounts.

Godaddy caught, and now account is suspended due to invalid whois, but they had paid up until 2017!

There is a SLIGHT chance that someone else still has access to the account but hasn't updated contact info.

Any suggestions on how to track down whoever actually has control to at least make an offer?

Domain summit 2024

Willox Perez

NameTreats Rep
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a definitely a complicated situation as it looks like the best option
will be to track down the person currently in control by using the phone.

Start googling all about the company, previous people in charge you can contact.
You might not get to the right person right away but there will be some connections you can find to help you.

I say phone because with email you might not ever get a response. So start to simply Google
and dig information on the company itself.

- Will

imperativedomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the advice

I spoke to a few of the former c-level execs who I believe had control, and all gave me the "sorry, left the company, have no idea" - there might be a few more people I can try who may know, but I guess its been a while for them, and even with me offering them compensation, they don't have much reason to help me.

*continues to bang head*

Willox Perez

NameTreats Rep
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the advice

I spoke to a few of the former c-level execs who I believe had control, and all gave me the "sorry, left the company, have no idea" - there might be a few more people I can try who may know, but I guess its been a while for them, and even with me offering them compensation, they don't have much reason to help me.

*continues to bang head*

That is unfortunate. I am very surprise the would not reveal anything even though you are offering financial compensation.
If the name is really good then it definitely will be worth it to keep digging around to find the right person.

Best of luck!

-Will

jdwaverly

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depending on the Company size you might find something in Dun and Bradstreet or Hoovers on the top investors, owners, etc

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe its a different email than the account email - ask someone who is inside the godaddy company to check.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators