Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Names @ $ 6.25 !! (Buy 1 or 1000!!)

Tell me ?

• Apply for it

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • or forget it.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Friends,

IndyaDomain.com is giving domain name registrations for $ 6.25 only!! (buy 1 or 1000!!)

Along with this, you get:

Control Panel - Login / Password

Free DNS Panel
Free Forwarding
Free Welcome Page
Free 1 Email Account

Isn't it good?

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

not bad, although I doubt that I will run over there....

Just my $0.02

Jim

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Interesting.. $6.25.. :confused:

So you guys make 25 cents profit for each registration. Sounds like a great business plan -- if you register a few million domains that is :D

J

jimb

Originally posted by timechange
So you guys make 25 cents profit for each registration. Sounds like a great business plan -- if you register a few million domains that is :D

LOL, maybe they aren't looking for BIG returns on their business :)

Good Luck!

Jim

I was merely mentioning the fact that $6 per domain goes to the Registry.

You don't seem to take credit cards? I guess you wouldn't be able to afford to pay the merchant fees at $6.25.

I wouldn't feel comfortable using a company making so little profit on a registration. Support, development, security and administration all carry a cost - and its a damn site more than 25c per domain name.

BTW, isn't the cost of registering a domain name more than the $6 VGRS fee as there is also a small additional amount that goes to ICANN?

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This person has probably set this up so he can take a loss at first and then raise the price. You have to understand that this person also must pay Visa, AMEX, etc. etc. if he is accepting credit cards.

Yeah, I remember being offered sub $5 reges from domainsystems a year or so back - just crazy.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domnet
This person has probably set this up so he can take a loss at first and then raise the price.
I think also that they just wan`t new clients and then rise the fee. Like stargateinc.com did? they rised drom 8,99 to 13 USD, And I thik that the customers stay with them, or what do You think?

End user registrations may well stay just because they don't understad the technicalities of moving (some believe their domain can be snapped mid transfer for example).

Regular domain buyers are more likely to shop around for the next loss-leading registrar at renewal time.

Originally posted by stuff

I think also that they just wan`t new clients and then rise the fee. Like stargateinc.com did? they rised drom 8,99 to 13 USD, And I thik that the customers stay with them, or what do You think?

Stargate is well established, they also had higher rates before dropping them to $8.95 & $8 in Jan 2001. The current change in rates is irrelevant; they offer great services for free, a very good control panel etc. I just got a bulk account with them to ensure the $8 rate :D

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange

Stargate is well established, they also had higher rates before dropping them to $8.95 & $8 in Jan 2001. The current change in rates is irrelevant; they offer great services for free, a very good control panel etc. I just got a bulk account with them to ensure the $8 rate :D
I agree the panel is very good. And I also like that the Online registrant/ownership changes are for free.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello

Yes the support is bad very bad, I have write several mails to them, but for the answer I wait min 2 days. And the support system is also pain in the a.s.s.
But do you had that kind of problem? I try to register a name and all seems to be ok, but when I look into my account the name is not there and the system has changed the password and user name for this name?

No problems with the password system; but the system is case sensitive so keep that in mind with usernames and passes.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah, their support is pretty bad..

but they have their advantages :)

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I was pretty pissed off when I found out stargate had raised their prices recently. I was getting used to the buy two or more domain names for $8.00/each.

Still, at $8.85/each with their DomainXpress, I feel a lot safer sticking with them than moving to some new registrar such as this.

Obviously, as others have noted before, this seems to be a marketing ploy to build up the client base. Either that, or you've got to have some big profit back-end products/services to sell me after I register a domain name.

You're not going to stay in business at $.25 profit. Especially since you're not accepting credit cards. You've got a low price/high volume business model and you're not going to get a large volume of clients by not making it easier for them to pay you.

I suggest raising your prices for the first domain and lowering it for each additional domain purchased (at the same time) thereafter. For instance: charge $8.50 for the first domain, $8.25 for the second, $8.00 for the third, and so on and so on.

You can't expect people to get aboard a ship that is doomed to sink.

Good luck though,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators