• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

domain prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmattos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Guys, how are you? I'd like to hear from you what do you use to measure domain name values. I see some guys saying 5,xxx-7,xxx... mid-high... xx,xxx . Why they'd cost that much? I think the value is because of the name and its possibilities. based on what you say those prices? In the beginning I like to see all threads in the forum, but now.. they put... premium domain names for sale.. and when we look.. only garbage... and time has been lost. I'd like to hear your opinion since is very important for me to know what people think about this. I appreciate the attention. bye.
 
Guys, how are you? I'd like to hear from you what do you use to measure domain name values.

Oi :) I think that the measure partly depends on how desperate the seller is for money when the offer comes in. You can also do comparisons of recent sales at dnjournal.com. I would look for similar names sold to yours to see if there is a strong demand. They say that if you don't ask for a lot, you don't get a lot.
 
The attempts to reverse hijack domains, the cost to protect names that are rightfully registered, and wrong decisions in UDRPs, cause prices to go up, SUBSTANTIALLY!
 
Obviously domain name pricing is subjective to say the least.

Generally I use an algorithm variously based on the following:

1) Recent comparative sales (if older sales are used then a multiple to take into account the rise in domain prices generally over the period);
2) Overture results;
3) User friendliness (is the domain logical for its proposed use and is it memorable to the public);
4) Developed comparative site names and their value;
5) Developed comparative site names and their popularity (Alexa ranking);
6) The domain suffix;
7) Google and Yahoo page counts

This is just a rough list of how I come to value my domains, there are of course other factors as well and for many domains emphasis of any of the points may be higher or lower than for other domain names.

I do agree the word 'premium' is much over used, however, again the word is itself subjective, especially when marketability of a domain name is concerned. One person may see ASDFGHJKL.com as a 'prime' domain because it uses each of the letters in the middle row of the keyboard in order, and yes it could be argued this is then a very 'marketable name', but to me I would keep the few dollars in my pocket thank you rather than register it. Again I have to stress that putting a value on a domain is very subjective.

Having said all of the above it would seem by the lack of response I get on this forum to the domains I put up here I have got it totally wrong! :?:
 
For many classes of domains I take monthly visits and multiply by US$10

50 visits in the month - I aim for final sale of US$500
100 visits in the month - I aim for final sale of US$1000.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom