Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain research tool software

Status
Not open for further replies.

fh08

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but a few months into domaining, I find that I'm not using DRT at all, given that I've settled on a niche that doesn't require me using it much. Am I allowed to sell it to someone else or am I stuck with it forever??

Domain summit 2024

fh08

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone?

stewmath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im having problems with the new version of this software. version 2.1.2, I cant import any domain lists, i get overflow errors. no matter where i get the lists from. I tried the namejet pre-release list and tried importing and failed. Im on windows server 2003, would that be the reason??

fh08

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let people here know that I'm looking to sell my DRT since I don't use it even a little, and that I will sell it at a discount to buyers, so if anyone is interested, please shoot me a PM.

ascii0101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Instead of purchasing the retail price of $249 for the Domain Research Tool you can get it here at a discounted price $129.99. The tool works great with many features. If your unsure or would like to try the demo go to domainresearchtool.com to download the demo.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was trying to use DRT the other night to look up a couple thousand domains and all my .org searches were returning false positives on availability. Additionally the API integration doesn't seem to work. Entering the username and password returned back through the online registration process results in an error that it is expired.

I sent a bug report through the online reporting tool and I also tried contacting the support email from my registered email address but it was rejected. I sent another message using a different email address which would appear to have been delivered but I've not had any form of confirmation in several days.

It's all a bit disappointing.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO DRT is a sham product now. I get Visual Basic 'integer' errors after 5 results.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was trying to use DRT the other night to look up a couple thousand domains and all my .org searches were returning false positives on availability. Additionally the API integration doesn't seem to work. Entering the username and password returned back through the online registration process results in an error that it is expired.

I think you need to set up proxies since the .org registry will block mass requests (like what the DRT does).

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you need to set up proxies since the .org registry will block mass requests (like what the DRT does).

I should have made it clear I had it set up with 300 fresh proxies and not 1 .org completed accurately.

I also just received back the email I sent days ago as undeliverable so their support email simply isn't working.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so is the tool still useful? any alternatives

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still use it almost daily without any issues. Just load up a fresh list of proxy servers from the net and scan away.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO DRT is a sham product now. I get Visual Basic 'integer' errors after 5 results.

Same here. Sent an email to support in January and haven't heard anything since. My copy is pretty much useless now.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been using D.R.T now since 2006 and have only had 1 issue with it. I emailed Luc and it was squared away in an hour. It's the only domain software I use and I vouche for it 100%! It got me a $6,000 sale once in 2007 :). It is an extremely powerful domain tool. The issues that you are having are probably system specific errors. Stay on top of the updates. I have used it on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 with only a single issue.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A new solution is on its way. Watch for an announcement. PM me for beta testing.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just re-installed V 2.16 and the integer errors are gone, so I have a working copy now

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those who got Visual Basic Error try this:

UNCHECK checkbutton Options->ProxySettings->Whois Web Proxy when Available (at the bottom of list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators