Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Reselling for Dummies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey dnf'ers..

i have a couple of questions..

1. if i get a 6.95 eNom account from someone on this forum, can i sell $7.95 sub-accounts? (someone was selling $8 accounts for 10$ in a another thread)

2. if i get a free $8.95 sub-reseller account, can i upgrade it to a REAL $6.95 reseller account further down the road?

3. what do my customers get if they buy a name from me? do they get a control panel for their domains? do i make them a sub-account? i'm totally lost here...

thanks...

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1.) You will only be able to create subaccounts priced at 8.95 or above. No one can create new accounts for less than that, except for Enom themselves, of course. :cool:

2.) Yes, from Enom, or someone that has a pre-existing account they want to sell to you.

3.) They will have access to enom's control panel for their individual domains. It's pretty nifty and it is easy to use.

DomainOrders

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. you can't make reseller sub-accounts that are less than $8.95, even if your account is $6.95. You can make a retail sub-account for as low as $8.14 (give or take a penny) which takes into account the credit card processing fees you would be charged. You would make no money on a 8.14 account, but you can set one that low, but not lower.

2. A $8.95 sub-reseller account, free or otherwise, IS a REAL reseller account. There is no upgrade; you cannot "upgrade" it to a $6.95 account.

Note: enom changed their policies a few months ago so that the minimum you can set on a reseller subaccount is 8.95. Previously you could create a 6.95 reseller subaccount (if your cost was that low). People you see here on the board who are selling 6.95 and other enom reseller subaccounts less than 8.95 (e.g., the 7.95 you mention) mostly created those before enom changed their policies. You CAN get a reseller account directly from enom if you pay them enough. For example, for $6950 you can get a 6.95 reseller account; you can get account with higher pricing for a lower deposit, I don't have those details. But still, you should not be able to create subaccounts less than 8.95. But from what I've read here, if you get in good enough with enom (buying lots and lots of domains helps) you may be able to work a deal with them to be able to create the lower cost subaccounts.

3. If you have an enom reseller account, you can create a retail subaccount for them, give them the user ID and password and then they can log into enom to manage the domain just like you do. If you sell the domain via RR, then the domain goes into your account. You can set a password on it for them to be able to do some management of it via the RR interface. It might just be easier to create a subaccount for them and push the domain into it and give them the id/password for it.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can upgrade... you can become a direct eNom technology partner. However, there is a large volume commitment.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ddent is correct regarding upgrading your reseller account to ETP.

regards,
tw

DomainOrders

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for mispeaking. I had gotten the impression from prior communications with enom that if you went that route that they would give you a whole new account, not change your existing account.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainOrders
Sorry for mispeaking. I had gotten the impression from prior communications with enom that if you went that route that they would give you a whole new account, not change your existing account.

Correct DomainOrders.

If you are a sub-reseller, enom will not negotiate with you or upgrade you. They consider you a reseller of your parent account, not of enom.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that is not what they told me. I specifically asked. You can become a direct ETP once you meet the necessary volume commitments. (1000 domains for 6.95 pricing, etc).

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same conversation with enom folks about it. ddent is correct, if you are sub-reseller with 300 domain names on it, and you want to make it as ETP, you have to pay the remaining balance for them to convert the account.

just another point of view.
tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom