Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain with parking revenue above $1K/day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this even possible? It doesn't seem likely, but someone I've been negotiating with claims to have a domain that generates more than $1K/day from parking revenue exclusively.

Please chime in if you think this is not possible...because it sounds too good to be true, IMO. I'd appreciate anyones comments and thoughts on this.

Joe

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possible, but very rare. The combination of a high paying niche and a type-in domain. Although I would question the owners sanity if he parks a domain like this, instead of developing it.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Possible, but very rare. The combination of a high paying niche and a type-in domain. Although I would question the owners sanity if he parks a domain like this, instead of developing it.

Good point. I've reviewed traffic logs he's provided and the domain gets between 70-90K type-in's/day. I just didn't think it's possible to generate that amount of parking revenue from a single domain in a single day, regardless of the high # of type-in's. I've asked him to provide me with the revenue sheets from his parking company for this domain for the past 12 months. I'm just very skeptical, since it does sound too good to be true.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, not impossible but good to be skeptical.

This would have to be a stunning premium quality domain that everyone would have to agree on the quality.

Otherwise, it is wishful thinking.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. But I don't own it and I can't talk about it :D

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

+1

If the name can earn $1K per day on a parking site, it would easily earn 10x that if developed, so I would do plenty of due diligence.

Keep in mind that if the historical (3-12 months) of parking revenue matches the claims, we're talking about a domain pulling in up to $365K per year just from parking? With those kind of numbers, what stops them from dropping say $20K into dev'ing the domain and taking it a notch up?

Caveat emptor, IMHO.

Cheers,

Rob

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree. That was precisely what I was thinking.

And with the current model of pricing in regards to multiples of 3, 5, 7, and even 10 years...we are talking a multi-million $$$ name.

That is why I say it would almost have to be a unanimous AYE or NAY in regards to the value.

If all is true and factual and they will take less, then there is definitely something stinky going on.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The question was whether a domain can make $1,000+ per day from parking, not what its value is if it were developed - there's a saying: "If my grandma had wheels she'd be a Porsche" :D

How about $1,500 /day? The key is the behavior of the visitors. Given ample traffic and reasons to click on the ads, revenue can exceed the $1,000 figure.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
+1

If the name can earn $1K per day on a parking site, it would easily earn 10x that if developed, so I would do plenty of due diligence.....

Yeah, but not all domains are better off developed right? The domain I am referencing is very generic and vague, so I'm not even sure how I would develop it. I mean, if the domain really is pulling in over $1K/day from parking alone, one would think it is pretty specific and well targeted....but I'm not sure this one is well targeted, just gets a very healthy amount of traffic (consistently 70-90K type-in's/day). Is it ALWAYS the case that developing the domain will result in increased revenue? Or perhaps this one is maximized for parking, and would never earn what it is currently pulling in, if developed. Is it wrong or naive of me to put a value on this domain based strictly on what it is allegedly earning from parking, and not factoring in any upside if developed, etc.?

Acro is absolutely right, insofar as the focus of my inquiry with this thread. Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Silly Rabbit, tricks are for kids :D

This would make it easier on all of us and would get you a clear answer if you could disclose the domain name with out the extension to keep this discussion private!

It's more than one that I'm aware of, but I'm not at liberty to disclose the domains, nor do I own them. But I will tell you this: The biggest PPC customers get special rates that exceed those allocated to us "common mortals".

D

Deleted member 70408

Yeah, but not all domains are better off developed right?

That would be very true. If you own Facebok.com, Giggle.com, or Twiter.com and are pulling in traffic/revenue, I would highly doubt development could help better monetize (or protect you for that matter).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but not all domains are better off developed right?
I never once mentioned development.

Development or not, you are talking a domain that makes (or claims to make) $1000 per day x 365 =365000 per year, $730K in two years, $1.1mil in 3 years.

Do you believe that domain makes it? If you do, then you better hire an attorney and an accountant and check the books if you are truly interested.

Why? Because there are a hell of a lot more people out there that want you to believe they have a million dollar domain than there are million dollar domains on the market.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's possible for sure.
I have a domain earns $150 - $200 daily parking revenue from 400 - 450 UV/day.
The domain is in top lucrative PPC niche.
I also have a typo domain that used to generate up to $9xx in one day from 6 - 7k UV. Unfortunately, that website is closed, good days ended but it still brings me around $100/day as of now.
I wouldn't suggest you invest in google, twitter, facebook, myspace typos. Too risky and their RPC sucks.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never once mentioned development.

Development or not, you are talking a domain that makes (or claims to make) $1000 per day x 365 =365000 per year, $730K in two years, $1.1mil in 3 years.

Do you believe that domain makes it? If you do, then you better hire an attorney and an accountant and check the books if you are truly interested.

Why? Because there are a hell of a lot more people out there that want you to believe they have a million dollar domain than there are million dollar domains on the market.

Thanks for your comments.....definitely sound advice there Doc. The seller is asking $3mil, and claims that the domain actually makes closer to $1500/day. (Approx. 5-6 years of income) Btw, I don't believe anything yet, until I see the rev sheets from the parking company provider. All I've seen so far are the traffic logs for the past 12mo. Consistently gets between 70-90K type-in's/day.

I just never realized that a PARKED domain could earn these types of figures in a single day. Anyway, if it pans out, then this will be an eyeopening experience for me at least, whether or not I end up being the buyer.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments.....definitely sound advice there Doc. The seller is asking $3mil, and claims that the domain actually makes closer to $1500/day. (Approx. 5-6 years of income) Btw, I don't believe anything yet, until I see the rev sheets from the parking company provider. All I've seen so far are the traffic logs for the past 12mo. Consistently gets between 70-90K type-in's/day.

I just never realized that a PARKED domain could earn these types of figures in a single day. Anyway, if it pans out, then this will be an eyeopening experience, whether or not I end up being the buyer.
That's all some serous numbers you are putting up (they are putting up).

For me, it would have to be a 100% generic and not one that is prone to a short shelf life (fads, popularity, etc) to sustain that type of return on investment.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.....For me, it would have to be a 100% generic and not one that is prone to a short shelf life (fads, popularity, etc) to sustain that type of return on investment.

Agreed 100%.

T

tekz999

Person A pay 100 million develop a site with traffic like facebook,com, then park it, woot, $5k a day revenue parked.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Person A pay 100 million develop a site with traffic like facebook,com, then park it, woot, $5k a day revenue parked.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your post or the point you were trying to make? Would you mind clarifying...thanks. :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this even possible? It doesn't seem likely, but someone I've been negotiating with claims to have a domain that generates more than $1K/day from parking revenue exclusively.

Please chime in if you think this is not possible...because it sounds too good to be true, IMO. I'd appreciate anyones comments and thoughts on this.

Joe

i think it's possible that "one" domain could make that much parked.

however, due to asking price, i would try to get stats directly from an "insider" of that respective ppc service.

you need to be sure that all visitors are directly navigating to that parked page, where stats should show at least 97% of traffic should be "www.domainyourebuying.tld".

the domain would "have" to be totally generic and i would research for any past tm/cd, urdp or wipo claims that were submitted for that domain.

the other thought to consider is.....are you willing to wait for roi and the associate risks of fluctuating advertising budgets during that period?

not to mention those frivolous claims that could pop-up over the years if you keep it parked.

but if it's the real deal and you're ready to go with it.....Good Luck and keep us posted!

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators