Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain with parking revenue above $1K/day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have your limo take you to the airport, get in your private jet and visit this guy in person.
You shouldn't conduct a 1-3 Million dollar deal over the internet.
Since you are the only one that knows the domain name, you are the only one that can decide whether to buy or not.

I wasn't asking you or anyone here whether I should buy it or not. I was asking what other due diligence I should exercise on the issue of revenue and traffic before I make an informed decision on whether to pursue discussions any further with the seller.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Big warning signs flash when you say "NET" there. "average NET proceeds exceed $1K/day" That makes it sound like the owner is using arbitrage (buying traffic for cheap hoping the visitors will click higher paying ads), and the NET profit (revenue minus cost of traffic) is $1000/day. The buying traffic could be in forms like billboards even where it results in type-in visitors recorded but there are big expenses behind driving that type-in traffic.

As I understood it, net revenue was the revenue paid out to the client after the parking company takes its cut, expenses, etc.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good spot Steven!

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I understood it, net revenue was the revenue paid out to the client after the parking company takes its cut, expenses, etc.
There shouldn't be any "expenses, etc." with a name that's simply parked. It's a given that the parking company and Google/Yahoo take their share, whatever that is. You should definitely ask the parking company and seller about any promotions being done to drive traffic, and what they mean by the word NET. Anyone making that much in parking on a name probably has a great relationship with the parking company and the parking company probably would say whatever the seller wants them to say that is still technically truthful.

The parking co. not showing individual days traffic counts is also fishy since they provide time period data (I would think that no data at all or full disclosure would be appropriate; not something in the middle). Are there days when the domain owner didn't promote or buy traffic to the name and it shows in the daily counts?

Another Q - What's the Traffic Quality Score for the name? What has the TQ score been over time?

Last edited:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You want due diligence? Then PM me the domain name because NOBODY knows traffic names better than me and I will tell you if it's legit or not, I have owned domains that make this much per day parked and if a name had a real 70k - 90k type-ins per day and it was a GENERIC name with targetted ads it should be making a hell of a lot more than 1k a day. I know the owners of several of the larger parking companies as well and can probably find out pretty quickly the scoop on the domain name. But be aware there are not many type-in domains on the Internet that are not fully developed sites that actually get that much traffic btw. In fact, there may only be a handfull if even that many that get anywhere close to that kind of traffic via type-in. It sounds fishy to me, and even more like a tuna for 3 years revenue! :cool:

Last edited:

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible. I'd do as much due diligence as possible.

It reminds me of a time I bought a domain that the seller claimed had "5000 uniques per day." It actually had closer to 100 uniques per day.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did the owner sign off his email 'best gards' ? :cool:
lol

yes, all good advice in thread. due dilligence the key, but tbh if it is getting this revenue, which it could, he's obviously clued up enough to know everything and you're unlikely to get any sort of 'deal'
as his selling price suggests

is it a stellar category defining .com? one worder?
product? service? old site? now parked?

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another Q - What's the Traffic Quality Score for the name? What has the TQ score been over time?

Owner claims the traffic is PURE type-in, and he is not sending any traffic to the domain or parking page. What is a TQ score, and how do I figure out what the traffic quality score is? Thanks.

-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators