Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domaincar

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
Stocdoctor has his own homepage here: balloonbuffoon.com
Not me or mine, but some nice balloons, and funny.
what shell I say
Start with "shall" instead.
we already know that for you is the only country USA and the rest of the world is just "Botswannalands" or "PingPongs"...
Damn straight! USA all the way! :laugh:

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
It does REALLY suck that people own domains like mall.com, pricequote.com, and thousands of others that sit there and do nothing but have a parking page

Chris

Yeah, it's just like those people who bought houses cheap 20 years ago in prime locations and now they're worth a fortune they expect to still live there! How dare they. They should be thrown out on the street so that people like Mocus and Denny can live there without having to squat.
People owning their own property and doing what they like with it - OMG what an outdated concept:rolleyes:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Start with "shall" instead.

The only argument left for this single-language peasant...

BTW I have bad news for you - Laporte is still registering a LOT of new TM typos under the name Chesteron Holdings, LA even after that huge November drop . Yesterday I found two from January, right now I found another two from Decemeber and January. So I grabbed few left myselves, because these guys knows damn well how to find the good one TM typos...

people like Mocus and Denny can live there without having to squat

Now listen, Dumbledore, I never complained about the prime domains held by squatters, so do not take my name into your dirty chops ! I just told, very many people HATE so (they themselves) called "honest domainers" more than typosquatters. I see it same way - first came, first served. Same as with typos BTW...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
The only argument left for this single-language peasant
Peasant, kinda like that one. But I told you before that I speak 2 kinds of English, Good AND Bad, where you only speak BAD English.
Ed30 said:
people like ----- and Denny can live there without having to squat
y
denny007 said:
Now listen, Dumbledore
Now you're calling Ed names. He didn't call you any names there Skipper. Now I don't know what a Dumbledore is, but it sounds pretty bad.:laugh:

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:

people like Mocus and Denny can live there without having to squat

I just told, very many people HATE so (they themselves) called "honest domainers" more than typosquatters.

Why?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why?

Check the links I posted earlier and ask them. They probably see the $7 reg fee and they do not see domains as a property, as a "land on which you can build".

I personally am glad I can buy good domains for my industry (I plan to spend $xx~xxxK this year on it). If there would not be "resellers", some idiotic hobbyist would make a blog there and I could not have the domain. Now I still can buy the domains...

Now I don't know what a Dumbledore is

Of course, how peasant could know. It is one character from a book from one "Botswannaland" country's author - Harry Potter. Probably it is no good book as it was not written in the BIG USA, the only real country in the world. America Akbar ! Concquer the world ! Kill all non-americans, all those stinkin bastards, they got no right to live ! America Akbar !

where you only speak BAD English

Wrong, I can speak BAD English and another 5+2 languages (2 of my native tongue - BAD and Good, same as you, except my native tongue is not English, which you probably could have guessed already).

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:

Now I don't know what a Dumbledore is

Of course, how peasant could know. It is one character from a book from one "Botswannaland" country's author - Harry Potter. Probably it is no good book as it was not written in the BIG USA, the only real country in the world.

I must be a "peasant" too - but then I don't read kid's books.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must be a "peasant" too - but then I don't read kid's books.

Don't take it personally, we are just cuddling with Baffoon here...
BTW this book is not as much as "kid book" as it could seem...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
America Akbar ! Concquer the world ! Kill all non-americans, all those stinkin bastards, they got no right to live ! America Akbar ! America Akbar! America Akbar! America Akbar! America Akbar!
Whoa! Calm down there Skipper! You're going to have a heart attack. On second thought, yeah go Akbar!, Akbar!, Akbar! :laugh:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're going to have a heart attack.

Thanks honey, i will keep it in mind...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft
"theft (also known as stealing) is the wrongful taking of someone else's property"

Unregged domain is NO property at all. Regged domain is property in sense of renting a right from (ICANN ?) this domain to be resolved to my IP for certain time with prior right to prolong this time.

I have regged the domain, it is my property. Or someone else did and I bought this property from him, so it is my property either.

Theft would be stealing domain from someone, because I would be stealing the right to resolve the domain.

The above is a tortured and self-serving definition.

Famous, registered, and distinctive trademarks are intellectual property.

Please note the word *PROPERTY*.

When one intentionally, willingfully, and wrongfully steals property --it is known as theft.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Completely wrong. A domain owner who does not develop a domain is not a squatter.

The word squatter is used to describe someone who occupies a territory or piece of property without actual legal claim to it.

A domain owner has legal claim to a domain if they pay the registration fees and are not encroaching directly upon the TM rights of a company.

A TM-typo domain owner is a SQUATTER because they don't have legal rights to the piece of "property" they occupy.

fab said:
A squatter is someone who holds a domain not for the purpose of developing it, either for future reselling or domain parking.

or url redirecting.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK I am stealing property, but everybody can kiss my ass anyway...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least we extracted some truth from you.

Define "truth"...everything is relative...

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007, then why are you proud of what you do if you admit what you do is theft.

You're smart enough to build original projects and brands yourself. I've read your technical contributions to these forums many times.

So why are you taking the easy road? And if you are OK with that are you OK with doing any sort of deed as long as it pays you well? Soon, what will you have left of yourself if your will is controled only by profit motive.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denny007 has admitted being a thief, but that he is going to do it anyways.

That about sums up the state of cybersquatting and typosquatting. What more is left to say?

This thread should be closed.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007, then why are you proud of what you do if you admit what you do is theft.

You're smart enough to build original projects and brands yourself. I've read your technical contributions to these forums many times.

So why are you taking the easy road? And if you are OK with that are you OK with doing any sort of deed as long as it pays you well? Soon, what will you have left of yourself if your will is controled only by profit motive.

Thats easy, I just do not see typo-squatting as a big crime. I see it equal to for example jaywalking. For me typos are morally acceptable. I have even fun, when I am getting C&D letters for lousy domains which makes like $20/year, yet the lawyers are charging the corp. $xxx per our. If they would be smart, they'd hire an experienced typosquatter, which would work cheaper and more effectively. I have the "David versus Goliath" type of fun.

So - I am doing tangible whole my life, which is my main income stream. Once I have put adsense to my company pages for couple of days and it made a lot of money. So I started to register domains with plan to build similar pages. Which did not happen yet because I got no time for it. But I found, some of the domains are actually getting traffic. So I found DNForum, and learned.

Also I had big problem at that time, as I can withdraw only $10K/month from Paypal and I've had always a lot of money on Paypal and nowhere to spend it. Then I started to buy domains, most of them typos, parking it.

That was easy math: I could have been buying overpriced generic domains, with ROI of single digit % (and maybe loose them like the beam.com in WIPO). Or the TM typos with ROI 50% or more (the Laporte drop made me ROI over 120% as well as recent purchases after people panicked). It is just risks versus profit.

I am not an internet enterpreneur, although I have now a lot of www projects, as I have hired employees for it. But domains are still hobby for me, wonderfull one, because profitable and I can put there all excessive money. Banks give me 2%, domains 50%. But I have no big plans for internet, I like selling things which can be touched. And China is for me a country with unlimited possibilities, my "wild wild east". Thats why I moved to ehre long time ago...

Denny007 has admitted being a thief
I also admitted you can kiss my kitty...

This thread should be closed
Why it should be closed ? I like this thread, as well as many others. This thread is active and relatively on-topic. If you do not like this thread, just DO NOT READ IT !

"DaddyHalbucks", if you mean it, make a signature like "All TM TYPO domain owners are thieves and should go to the jail" or so. Until you do it, you are just windbag, chatterbox, gabbler and pettifogger...

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denny you are honest, which can't be said about everyone -- that's for sure.

I'll never agree with TM-typosquatting but I'm smart enough to know that it's not my job to judge anyone who does it either.

I think this thread has value and is a good thing to debate since the issue indirectly or directly affects everyone in this business.

The personal attacks and name calling don't benefit anyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom