Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domainer Mardi Gras is asking $30 000 US for a booth! Are they serious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"and...maybe the fee is high to keep out fakers, bullshitters and wanna-beez"

They would sell space to any faker, bullshitter or wanna-be who is stupid enough to cough up the money.

and... You left out the largest catagory. Domainers whe refuse to be fleeced by these goofs.

Maybe they should change that childish "Domainers Madi Gras" name to the greedy @ssholes show.

Last edited:

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and...maybe the fee is high to keep out fakers, bullshitters and wanna-beez

That would only keep away unsuccessfull fakers and bullshitters. Madoff, the Enron crew, and other successful fakers and bullshitters wouldn't think twice about paying 30K for an exhibition booth if it served their purpose. So with inflated prices you make sure your trade show only attracts successful fakers and bullshitters. Dangerous strategy.

Wow, Domainer Mardi Gras is asking $30 000 to get a booth and some other things... i mainly asked for a booth, $30 000 !

I used to attend a large IT trade show which had similar, and worse, pricing. A guy I did business with got an impressive hotel suite right in front of the convention centre, and invited prospects and everyone he did business in advance. Nice relaxing athmosphere, excellent food and drinks, no hassle, no noise, no bullshitters and wannabees - and all this at a fraction of the cost of some useless booth (and he even had a nice place to sleep).

I don't think I remember a single booth from that tradeshow. But I remember this guy and the hotel suite.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe the 30k includes a couple continential breakfast...:lol:

:yo:

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take another look. Hopefully the inaccurate comments here won't drive attendees away.

The $30,000 was for a Platinum Sponsorship level -- the highest level of sponsorship. It includes a 10X20 booth area, six full conference passes, a full page ad in the conference program, admission to the exclusive Bourbon St. Balconies, 15 subscriptions of Modern Domainer Magazine, your logo on the DMG website and conference signage, two full-page ads in Modern Domainer Magazine, the option to put three promotional items in the conference bags, and more.

He could have a standard table, admission, ads in the program and in Modern Domainer, and a whole bunch more for $5,000.00.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take another look. Hopefully the inaccurate comments here won't drive attendees away.

The $30,000 was for a Platinum Sponsorship level -- the highest level of sponsorship. It includes a 10X20 booth area, six full conference passes, a full page ad in the conference program, admission to the exclusive Bourbon St. Balconies, 15 subscriptions of Modern Domainer Magazine, your logo on the DMG website and conference signage, two full-page ads in Modern Domainer Magazine, the option to put three promotional items in the conference bags, and more.

He could have a standard table, admission, ads in the program and in Modern Domainer, and a whole bunch more for $5,000.00.

That info put the price in a whole new perspective IMO. Thanks for posting!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggedon
.maybe the fee is high to keep out fakers, bullshitters and wanna-beez

Your always very negative

i call like i see it

if you don't want to pay then do go, plain and simple

but don't go around "be itching" about what someone else is trying to put together, while failing to post the details of what the price includes.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggedon
.maybe the fee is high to keep out fakers, bullshitters and wanna-beez

i call like i see it

if you don't want to pay then do go, plain and simple

but don't go around "be itching" about what someone else is trying to put together, while failing to post the details of what the price includes.

Their is no other price option for booth! For you to get your hands on a booth - it cost $$ $$$ - not interested in anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom