Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domainers are Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an observation: that many in this industry don't make hardly any money. Most register domain names w/ the expectation / hope that the $6.99 registration will make them millionaires

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Very few will actually succeed

NetworkMsia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i don't think its just in this industry.
In ANY industry, its the same. Unless money grows on trees, man are made to work hard to succeed.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speak for yourself...

My "hobby" generates more annual income than most people's annual salary.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost anyone can make money on a $7 registration. Having a little trouble are we?

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:lol:
Just an observation: that many in this industry don't make hardly any money. Most register domain names w/ the expectation / hope that the $6.99 registration will make them millionaires

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

You made a $50 offer on a domain and got turned down? :lol:

What prompted this post?

- Rob

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid domains + development pays very well. Flipping is rough indeed, and pays well for very few.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think it's that much different than other industries, Most will fail and some will succeed, The problem I see with some domainers is their quite content making $50-$500 a month, they think small and earn small.

As for domain sales, they price them WAY too high not having a clue of what their crappy domain is really worth. Asking $50k-$100K for mycrappydomain.com

Last edited:

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you one of the losers?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm a loser every year i have to renew.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some People Win, Some People Lose - Domaining or otherwise.
Not everyone is cut out to be a Domainer, it takes a fair amount of savviness and moxy.

...but in the end, it's all about being a good sport and being happy with yourself regardless of winning or losing.

Best of Luck & Success in All Your Endeavours!

PS: Perspective is Subjectively Relative

Last edited:

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you are probably right and I would guess that less than 2-3% are probably really successful and make a living at this game. What amazes me almost daily are the huge lists of junk domains listed on the forums for sale by supposedly experienced domainers. BTW, I have yet to make it into the 2-3% group yet either. :undecided:

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just shipped you $5 DNF$ for pitty.....lol!!

No one is going to tell you the secret, pick yourself up and keep trying. Someone said it right in this thread, it takes a lot of "moxy" and persistence's. At the very least if you plant the seed now in 5 years you will be a millionaire.
Nothing happens over night, and you have to start somewhere. So shut the Fuq Up! and stop crying and make something out of yourself.

Stop trying to flip domain to other domainers cause they wont paying squat for your names. Build them up and focus on a getting traffic, if you domain gets traffic it doesn't matter how dumb the domain name is, someone will want your traffic to the domain name. So plant your seeds and work the land and you will be rewarded.

I have only been doing this for 4 months and have sold 3 domains over $2,000 and 2 domains over $500, mean while I am building my domains up earning money from sponsors. The domains I sold I purchased from ebay between $1.28 and $9 each. Can you imagine the poor soul who sold me the domain for under value and I turn around months to weeks later and flip them for XXX and XXXX figure's......!OUCH!!

As soon as you realize you cant make money off of other domainers unless you get a large amount of traffic you may start to succeed. ..... my 3 cents anyways!!

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Reece

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lots of people do this to make a few extra bucks per month. If that's their goal, they definitely aren't losers...

How are you defining success? Some of us are perfectly happy making a few extra bucks to help pay the bills.

LOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do very well, thank you very much

My observation, still sticks - most involved here are LOSERS , who won't succeed

Thanks for the $5 dnf

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators