Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domaining is going to it's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, Imagine domaining as gold mine. One single gold mine with limited amount of gold. This is same in domaining, the number of good quality domains is limited.

Yes, and that's the problem. How we can be still buying generic keyword domains when they are "sold out" ??
That's the reason why it's much too late to pick good domains for regfee. It's one of the very first rules that every newcomer should know.
Now you have to turn to the aftermarket in order to build a healthy portfolio.
There is competition in the expired auctions too, so the next step is to identify owners of old, undervalued domains and strike a deal with them. You have to outsmart your competitors. Go straight to the source. The venues such as Namejet etc are tour operators to the gold mines where people flock in droves.
It pays to go off the beaten path :)
Of course, you should have some detective skills and not be afraid to pick up the phone.

Problem with parking, it's lazy income and laziness is rewarded less and less :)

think about this...if your portfolio was making the amounts of money you claim...and it was all good traffic...why would any parking company close that account and send you away... makes no sense.
It's not necessarily fraudulent, it could be that the traffic simply was not converting. Some domains have traffic that doesn't convert. It's normal. Sometimes, optimizing the domain can improve conversion.

But when the whole portfolio fails to convert satisfactorily, the PPC providers start to look at it differently...

Airmax must be spot on, the traffic is drying out for perfectly logical reasons.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's the reason why it's much too late to pick good domains for regfee. It's one of the very first rules that every newcomer should know.
Now you have to turn to the aftermarket in order to build a healthy portfolio.
There is competition in the expired auctions too, so the next step is to identify owners of old, undervalued domains and strike a deal with them. You have to outsmart your competitors. Go straight to the source. The venues such as Namejet etc are tour operators to the gold mines where people flock in droves.
It pays to go off the beaten path
Of course, you should have some detective skills and not be afraid to pick up the phone.

Nailed it!

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear
macblogger Please all I can say here is to advice you to visit dnjournal and see what is going on there. If you are anticipating the coming of new GTLDs; plese just forget about it. I think domaining is still waxing strong, the new GTLDs will only give more power to dot coms domains.
Cheers.
user-offline.png

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Says gold member from Nigeria with 76 comments...how much had you earned in domaining yet ?? You are one of that wannabe domainers thinking that one day they will make fortune out of nothing. But keep going, registrar must be very happy, you are one of that dreamers keeping their pockets full.

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much I know that quiters can never achieve any success. You are very free to quit domaining.I'm not here for Argumentation.

I thought we are here to cheer advice with each other.

Please sorry for my comment if you felt abused my level of membership here has nothing to do with my level of experience. OK

Thanks and Cheers.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Huh???

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So, how much have you earned in domaining yet, Mr. Experience ??

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think that domains and domaining is still going strong!! I know that i am doing good developing mine into business!! Thats is were the money is

Last edited:

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
BigBoyDog...I was asking elevatoria. But it's ok.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Mac LOL

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On domain forums you see countless threads like "Sedo sucks, waste of time, never sold one single domain there", so people always blame somebody else for their failures: Sedo, the economy or the end users who don't get it.

They should only blame themselves for their choice of domains.

I think many people are disappointed because:
a. domaining is not a passive business where you can just park domains, fiddle about and collect the money every month.
b. there is an assumption that domaining is easy or untechnical and anybody can do it, but newcomers find out (after wasting a lot of cash) that the learning curve is steep and domaining is a difficult, competitive trade. If it was easy, everybody would know.

Now have you noticed that the exact same arguments are made about SEO for example, because Google change the rules of the game every time and online business is increasingly competitive.
The Internet is a fast-moving environment, might even say shifting sands.
Everything is relative. The winners of today are not the winners of tomorrow, what counts is the ability to adapt and stay ahead of the game. In order to adapt, you need to be able to question your way of doing things.
The capitalist system is unforgiving and does not reward whiners, no matter if they are right or wrong.

But since Macblogger is still with us I assume he doesn't want out ... yet :)

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NNNNN .com? Failed.
.info? Failed.
4 Premium letters .com? Failed.
CVCV .com? Failed.
IDN .com? Failed.
.tv? Failed.
.mobi? Failed.
$8500+ 3 letters .com? Bursted since 2008.
Adsense Minisites? Doomed.
Parked domains? Doomed.

All doomed.

Is real.

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NNNNN .com? Failed.
.info? Failed.
CVCV .com? Failed.
IDN .com? Failed.
.tv? Failed.
.mobi? Failed.
Parked domains? Doomed.

All doomed.

Is real.

Such is business, life is full of ups and downs. Ron and others have predicted up surge of domain trend this year which have started since last year. You should know that there is no straight graph, this happens in every business; things can not just be going up up and up. this year will be different. They all mentioned the downward trend started since 2008 and up trend began last year.
So let's be patient and see what the time will bring for us domaining is an investment like stock and must wait for the up trend.

So Cheer up.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
tekz999: EXACTLY !!!!!

and every other new gTLD will also fail.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The market is still very young, and still good money to be made. Yes the easy money days are gone, and the quality of names offered by most is in question.

The market will change more than ever over the next ten years and some will still be getting rich, but many that were/are making good money will be gone.

names are all one of a kind business/collectibles and as susch valuations are always going to be hard to value.

the_poet

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NNNNN .com? Failed.
.info? Failed.
CVCV .com? Failed.
IDN .com? Failed.
.tv? Failed.
.mobi? Failed.
Parked domains? Doomed.

All doomed.

Is real.

It just goes to show that one needs to invest only in LLL and generic .COMs. For anyone starting today it is actually a huge advantage because they now know anything else is just a dead investment and they have this certainty without any financial loss, but at the expenses of those who lost huge amounts of money in them (remember Rick shelling out $200,000 for flowers.mobi and then reselling it for $6,000?).

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lmao :pound: I think it's time for a poem:

Doubt sees the obstacles
Faith sees the way
Doubt sees the darkest night
Faith sees the day
Doubt dreads to take a step
Faith soars on high
Doubt questions 'Who believes'
Faith answers 'I

Believe or step aside :yo:

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stop buying fake traffic!! why are you even buying traffic is my question to you????? thats first rule against tos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators