Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Donny Donnie Don whats up with Parked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
traffic and rev is slipping, dipping and taking a dive.

hope this is just the new years blues, and not the sign of the times for 2008.

rpm and rpc is down

what's up?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I witness the very same since Dec.19th; with Sedo leaping up the last 2 weeks. Let's hope things improve.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it seams like as more domains you add , the less you make per day - really strange - my daily results are getting less and less since the mid of dec. - hoping this will change when my account manager comes back from vacation.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For every one that goes down - one must go up I guess. Last pay period was a record for me - a full 15% higher than the period before - which was also a record. All with less domains no less.

I have noticed all my adult names rpc has gone south though. Some as much as half as what they were a month ago.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked is running just like normal. The biggest difference about today, is nothing right now. This morning th RPC was about 3 cents less than normal, but now it's back to normal. CTR is the highest it's been in about 2 weeks which is good. Remember it is a Wednesday and the day after new years. Most kids don't go back to school until Monday, so I think Monday should be a pretty good day. But everything seems like a normal day as of right now.

Donny/Donald :)

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh man, yesterday was the worst ever.... ugh, I can't stopping looking at how bad it was.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed mine down too for December and especially the 2nd pay period. But they still are money compared to my previous provider!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
December was a very solid earning month..and even with the low days around the holidays it was a great month with a few nice spikes before the holidays as always..remember, it goes up and it goes down and this has alot to do with the ever changing advertiser bids and visitor behavior, nothing in ppc is constant because it's always different visitors and different clicks..so just ride the ppc wave people..nobody is paying higher overall than parked.com :eek:k:

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nobody is paying higher overall than parked.com :eek:k:

I don't agree. Since joining parked I have tried the majority of my names comparing them to domainsponsor. The majority of those, those that get consistent clicks at both, make much more at ds than at parked. And when I say more I mean at least double, some 10 times or even 100 times more at ds. For example I have law and realty domains that make 2-5 per click at ds and make maybe .50 at parked. Some domains I have at ds sometimes get $20 to as much as $50 per click at ds and parked gave me a buck or so. Where parked has an advantage though is for the few names that can pull in multiple clicks per visitor as ds does not give but 1 click per visitor. Also, I've found some of my names that were getting very few clicks at ds get more clicks at parked which I attribute to the attractiveness and the ability to customize the landing pages. I also like parked for some names because I can keep my PR ranking which will eventually go away at ds. I like both ds and parked and by experimentation with your portfolio you can find a balance that maximizes your revenue, a balancing process I am still refining with my names. But if ds had the landing pages of parked and paid for multiple clicks like parked, they would blow them out of the water for revenue. I should say I have used ds for years and my rev share I am certain is much more there than at parked as I have only been at parked less than a year so I am certain parked is making much more off my traffic than I am. I also think google pays a lot more than yahoo because they have the majority of the advertisers and there is more competition leading to higher bids by those advertisers. Well that is my review. I plan on keeping on using both services but I would encourage you to experiment with your portfolio between the two services and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

redomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I moved my domains to Parked from Sedo around Nov. 1 of this year. The first month was great and I probably saw a 50% increase from Parked over Sedo.

The last few weeks at Parked have been absolutely terrible and the domains are "dead in the water". I may end up owing Parked money at this rate.:eek:

At least at Sedo, I received acceptable offers from time to time and had a few that sold for nice prices through their auctions. I have a brother and brother-in-law that I'm going to teach some of the basics of domaining to. I had planned to recommend Parked to them, but unless things change soon, I can't do it.

In defense of Parked, I do really like the user-friendly interface and ability to select photos, etc. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why parking companies can't make landers that look like "real" sites (although I did see a great one from SmartName recently). Just my 2 cents.

REdomainer

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the dip in the past month or two as well...I may try moving a few names to see the differences.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Decemeber was low which it's always low. I can tell you that Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week were the best days we have had in the past 30 days. So if December dip has definitely gone away.

Donny

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameGuy said:
Also, I've found some of my names that were getting very few clicks at ds get more clicks at parked which I attribute to the attractiveness and the ability to customize the landing pages.
this is one of the main reasons I like parked.com

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a domain that showed I earned $47 AFTER the revenue adjusted.. then the next day, it was REDUCED to $24...
WTF is that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators