Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Donny Donnie Don whats up with Parked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also....what happened to the numbers being final around 2-2:30 EST??......it's 8:00 EST and the numbers still haven't been adjusted for yesterday.......what's going on??

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are waiting on Ask for the past few days, all they tell us is they are delayed and nothing else. Trust me I wish they finalize so we could see what the numbers look like.

The recent changes up and in some cases down can not currently be completely explained. We haven't made any change on our end and Yahoo say haven't made a change on their end. But we both think it's something to do with the TQ system.

Donny

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TQ system?....and Ask?....aren't all your feeds from Yahoo?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Donny, Why did my revenue drop AFTER the stats were adjusted?

Before:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com 539 149 $88.03 27.64% $0.32 $47.45

After:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com 541 152 $45.25 28.10% $0.16 $24.48

Why was the RPC dropped to half?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider - I think I explained it in my last response. We don't know why some people are having these fluctuations. Yahoo is telling us to pay you X, so that's what we do. When it's not close to what we think we look and try to figure it out, but we haven't found anything that is actually wrong yet. I personally think it's something with the TQ scores that are messed up, but so far Yahoo hasn't said anything is wrong. But we have been working on it.

Tony - Yahoo is our primary, we use them mainly the large countries in the world. Ask is our secondary feed. TQ = Traffic Quality (Score), this is assigned by Yahoo once you average about 100 clicks a day.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We don't know why some people are having these fluctuations. Yahoo is telling us to pay you X, so that's what we do. When it's not close to what we think we look and try to figure it out, but we haven't found anything that is actually wrong yet. I personally think it's something with the TQ scores that are messed up, but so far Yahoo hasn't said anything is wrong. But we have been working on it.

Conclusion; My revenue was cut in half, I'm out $23 and have NO explanation why. :upset:

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Raider, I don't think Donny understands what you meant. I have been with parked almost a year now, and what you experienced 2 days ago was experienced by many. I can tell you this though, it has only happened to me 2 times in a year. Pretty good in my opinion. 0 times would be great, but I count my blessings where I see them.

Donny, here is an example of what is happening:

1. The daily revenue from yesterday = $100.00*
2. At about 14:00-16:00 EST, the numbers finalize down to $90.00
3. Then, about an hour or two later, the numbers go down again to $75.00...after they had already adjusted once, and the * had been gone for at least an hour.

What is causing this?

BTW: Last time this occurred, it was fixed within a day. This hasn't happened this last time though. But, I am still hoping. That day was terrible for me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yahoo (or Google) has the pie and the knife and they are happy to have served you :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider, I don't think Donny understands what you meant. I have been with parked almost a year now, and what you experienced 2 days ago was experienced by many. I can tell you this though, it has only happened to me 2 times in a year. Pretty good in my opinion. 0 times would be great, but I count my blessings where I see them.

Donny, here is an example of what is happening:

1. The daily revenue from yesterday = $100.00*
2. At about 14:00-16:00 EST, the numbers finalize down to $90.00
3. Then, about an hour or two later, the numbers go down again to $75.00...after they had already adjusted once, and the * had been gone for at least an hour.

What is causing this?

Exactly, Only it's happened to me quite a few times but I never raised the issue, which I should have. The thing I'm having a real problem with is why was my RPC cut in half? Traffic does not appear to be the issue.

For me, this started on 01/04

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here....and still no updates on final #'s?????

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bah, they will update. Sometimes it just takes longer than normal. Remember, Parked.com is at the mercy of Ask/Yahoo. But, in in the end, all is good.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my rev has doubled in the last week! rockon

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my clicks are way up (higher than ever), RPM way down over the weekend due to the mystery yahoo issue

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have already discussed this with Donny and my acct rep... but wanted to add here that basically the same types of drops in rev (RPC and Final Rev) happened to me starting on Jan 4 as well. Three days in a row.. traffic up.. rev down Jan 4,5 & 6 (so far).

My TQ hasn't gone down, and Parked isn't doing anything differently, so it seem that it is the actual TQ system calculations may be messed up.

GL to all, hope it all gets worked out.

Dave

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you able to see your TQ somewhere now? How do you know it is constant?

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you able to see your TQ somewhere now? How do you know it is constant?

Currently you have to use the Trouble Ticket System in the Help section and ask your account rep.

Eventually it will be displayed in your account, but they have not gotten around to it yet.. other issues have sidetracked it's implementation.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See but here's the thing...on what basis do they gauge your TQ score? This is the needle in the haystack...a valid visitor from the USA is a valid visitor from the USA..if they click on an ad for real then what goes on beyond that point is not my damn concern or I would be doing affiliate programs and CPA deals..this is not PPC and what Google and Yahoo are turning this into is the opposite..

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
where are the updates?...and what's going on???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom