Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

dotMobi Responds to Rumors....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually think the press release sounds like a 12 year old wrote it as well
I suppose Monte Cahn coming on here and offering his assessment is all PR and hype and written by a 12 year old also.

Let me guess...they will make money from the auction? Another shocking revelation.

Bob Parsons with his auction sites? Another shocker.

Making money on the internet. What they hell were they thinking.

And making money on domain names? My God, what the hell were we thinking?

All you have to do is click the heels of your ruby red slippers three times and you will wake up from this dream.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure why you're broadening the game. The "rumors" are in fact accusations and are serious enough to require a response. The response was not strong or convincing enough. The .mobi space is a joke created to generate money for its builders, who now are caught with managing an inventory worth several million dollars (on paper). So yes, this was a PR statement and nothing of substance.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For people that do not like mobi, have no need for mobi, do not want mobi it is quite apparent no answer is answer enough but becomes hype and PR, hype and PR become rumors and accusations.

Even statements released by the mTLD members and from the likes of Monte.

The only solution is for those that do not want to deal with having to read PR statements, hype, and Press Releases regarding .mobi is look for the subsection of .mobi and avoid it.

I am not in the market for a new kitten so I don't look at the local newspaper for Kittens For Sale.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"From the likes of Monte"

If you are in need of new idols I suggest you visit your local bazaar.

Truth is truth no matter how you flip it.

Acolytes always follow - real innovators are the iconoclasts.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its always the same..this discussion is never getting anywhere...
only time will tell...
people that are invested in mobi will never admit that there is even a slight chance that there are some fishy things going on or that .mobi might already know that their TLD is going nowhere in the long run..and they might even think themselves that the "premium" domains they are selling in auctions might only be worth a fraction in a couple of years and that mobi will be nothing else but another failed TLD that only did well in the beginning because of I admit the GREAT PR... they got that down...I am not saying thats what is going to happen it might turn out differently...
...fact is that any publicly traded company that would behave like .mobi and make a press release like this would get ripped by investors in the market...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...fact is that any publicly traded company that would behave like .mobi and make a press release like this would get ripped by investors in the market...
How do you think a publicly traded company attracts new investors.

Pick any major corporation and go to their website and what do you find? Press releases. Why? It is for their investors and potential investor's benefits.

Call it fluff, puff, hype or whatever. That is what drives the stock up.

Someone responding to negative comments or rumors, on their own site called mTLD, all of a sudden is doing a PR job. How laughable is that. It was most likely a member of this forum who joined and signed up to attack the members of the board.

Quick, someone get me ICANN and VeriSign's blog site so I can tell them what a joke they are. Wait, I already did that. Problem is, they don't respond to shit! It is like they don't even exist. Just like your elected officials.

So an exec uses a title something of the effect of responding to rumors and people still insists its still rumors and BS. And posting it on their own site. Then a member of this forum posted that response on this forum and people want to jump on it.

People are acting like this is the laughing stock of the internet. Then so be it. Laugh, giggle, and high-five your self silly. Have your fun with the ENRON of domains. Don't use it, don't mention it, forbid your family and friends and children from using it, and it will go away. Spread the word about the bad mojo.

My God, imagine...a publicly traded company offering press releases. What a novel concept to generate interest in a product or service. Damn, I should have stayed in the advertising business as I never imagined in all my life that would happen. What will they think of next. Color copies?

people that are invested in mobi will never admit that there is even a slight chance that there are some fishy things going on or that .mobi might already know that their TLD is going nowhere in the long run..and they might even think themselves that the "premium" domains they are selling in auctions might only be worth a fraction in a couple of years and that mobi will be nothing else but another failed TLD that only did well in the beginning because of I admit the GREAT PR... they got that down...I am not saying thats what is going to happen it might turn out differently...
Who are you kidding? That is exactly what you are saying is and is going to happen. And have been saying it, and saying it, and saying it.

So get on your horse, and rally the troops and petition the likes of GoDaddy and TDNAM and demand that they stop seizing their own dropped premium domains and auctioning them off and release them to the public. I'm seeing shit auctioned off right now on every venue that I personally believe is not even worth what it is going for right now let alone in a couple of years. I laugh when I see domains names that I have sold a few years ago being sold for a fraction of what I got from the sale.

Move on to more daring and braver territory. Discuss the validity and worthiness and the necessity of the .asia domain.

Hurry, time is running out. It is about to be released.

Start a thread on the topic.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think you get what I was saying..its not that they did a press release..its the way and form of it..thats the joke, it unprofessional and not answering questions people might have actually had..
...If you knew the real ins and outs of the stock market you would know that any respectable company does NOT hype..only real numbers matter in the long run..companies that hype will soon fall...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its always the same..this discussion is never getting anywhere...
only time will tell...
By the way, it is not even a discussion.

And time won't tell. If you can not accept it now and that it is being accepted and embraced by major corporations, then it seems that time is not going to be a factor in determining people's likes and dislikes for this.

...If you knew the real ins and outs of the stock market you would know that any respectable company does NOT hype..only real numbers matter in the long run..companies that hype will soon fall...
I wanted to frame this for prosperity's sake. I think this will become a classic case study for marketing, advertising, public relations, brokers, and investors.

Please continue on with your "discussion".

I've got a few things to do, nothing near as important as this thread, so do go on.

You have the floor and an audience.

..its the way and form of it..thats the joke, it unprofessional and not answering questions people might have actually had..
The joke is HE WAS responding to questions that people actually had and to the rumors that had been posted on mTLD's site, this forum, NamePros, and several other forums.

Reality bites.

Move on to .asia and tell me what you see in that and which premium names you're going for.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Numbers like traffic and clicks perhaps...?

Many of my mobis have already paid for themselves, despite doing nothing but parking them the moment I reg'd 'em.

Feel free to ignore this fact and get back to knocking the registry!

"Boards don't hit back!" - Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The .mobi space is a joke created to generate money for its builders, who now are caught with managing an inventory worth several million dollars (on paper).

That's what was said about the Internet when it was first conceived.
That's what was said about the first airplane.
That's what was said about the first professional baseball field.
That's what was said about the first automobile.
That's what was said about VOIP.
That's what was said about the first private school.
That's what was said about Viagara.
Tha'ts what was said about the first cancer treatment.
That's what was said about instant coffee.
And on, and on, and on ...

And it's true. All of those things were invented to generate money for their respective builders. That's the way capitalism works. It works well. Now you can use the Internet usefully, fly in an airplane, watch baseball on a professional field, make phone calls over the Internet, go to private school instead of the awful public schools, get a boner when you previously couldn't, fight your cancer, and make quick coffee. All of those builders made some money, and I'm glad they did. The marketplace will determine the success or failure of .mobi, just as it has with .com and .biz.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not in the market for a new kitten so I don't look at the local newspaper for Kittens For Sale.

each to his own. i'm always on the lookout for new pussy :smilewinkgrin:

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doc, the MobiPhobic Mob enjoys drinking Doom & Gloom Koolaid.

1.) The naysayers don't have a response to LOGIC..

I'll put this back up for people to reanalyze....
Not once has anyone come up with a plan that can be accepted as the universal standard for accessing the mobile web.

So step up right now and set the standard.

What is it going to be?

wap.domain.com
domain.com/mobile
domain.com/mobi
m.domain.com
mobile.domain.com

My personal favorite:

tinyurl.domain.com

Now, keep in mind, you are about to create a universal code of accessing mobile sites.

Not a difficult task at all is it. Just be sure you enforce these set of standards on .net, .org, .info, .biz and about 260 other domain extensions.

Remember, you can only have one and one only that tells the world and it's occupants that this domain name sequence that you have chosen fully represents the mobile internet.

2.) Paul (aka Scandiman) sums it up best with respect to the behavior of naysayers & skeptics.....

It's a tactic to continually and repeatedly call into question everyone and everything related to .mobi. If NBC ran a daily ad for NBC.mobi for the next year the complaint would be the time slot in which it is running. There is no quenching the thirst of a skeptic.

3.) There are possible explanations as to why MobiPhobes decide to slither around dotMOBI forums....

a.) They are Masochists. The MobiPhobics derive pleasure from being humiliated by another or by oneself. They have a willingness or tendency to subject themselves to things they despise, things like dotMOBI.

b.) They need to extinguish MOBI because they see a hot threat. Certain people attempt to make MOBI look sinister/bad because they consider MOBI an imminent threat to their already established websites & PPC income. They certainly don’t want to lose any future traffic to MOBI and the more potential a new extension might have to become successful the more it will be the subject of their constant libelous attacks & slander.

c.) Some are investors attempting to talk down the market.

Look, time is money.

Question: If MOBI is the devil.... Would guys earning 6 & 7 figures each year waste their valuable time shooting the shit for hours about MOBI in a lil ol dotMOBI subforum?

Answer: NO way! Therefore, they linger and sloth around the forums talkin down the market, perhaps, so they can buy low, develop and sell high.

Question: Do you see the MobiPhobic Mob consistently mock, hyperventilate, protest and bad mouth .eu, .info, .org, .cc, .biz .ws or the other 250 domain extensions?

Answer: NO

WHY?: Because 11 month old MOBI is quickly becoming the most accomplished domain extension to emerge since .com

Look, dotMOBI is not a technological breakthrough, but more technologically useless things have caught on and dotMobi has caught on with Disney, Nokia, Ford, MSN, T-Mobile, Samsung, Polo, MLB, Marriott, AXA, ING, Bank of America, Weather Channel, and several other major brands......

Michael

i'm always on the lookout for new pussy :smilewinkgrin:
Likewise :)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
each to his own. i'm always on the lookout for new pussy :smilewinkgrin:

:lol:

No matter how uncertain the future of domains is - there's always one thing you can rely on.......and that's Pred coming up with a pussy gag!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:lol:

No matter how uncertain the future of domains is - there's always one thing you can rely on.......and that's Pred coming up with a pussy gag!

Yep, i am kinda 'Pred' -ictable :smilewinkgrin:

Talking of gagging on pussy ;), takes me back to the eighties when 'big hair' was all the rage :yes:........:blush:..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators