Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dotster.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimb

I use them for 3 out of the 4 domains I own. They are pretty good, I like them. The only problem I have is that their system does not do too well when setting up individual name servers, (ex. ns1.yourname.com). I have had to email them multiple times to clear that up.

The price is great! Check them out! :)

Jim

Domain summit 2024
Y

yinyang

Hi Jimb.

Because I love Dotster, so I'm know his reseller. :)

apointe.com

Became his reseller I can give cheaper price than Dotster.
Also all the registration and management system of the domain backed by Dotster itself.
Great service for me too. :)
Hard to imagine.
;)

darren

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Became his reseller I can give cheaper price than Dotster.
hm.. that's interesting... how you make it? are you underselling the domain? as we all know the price is $12 for a dotster reseller, is there a catch or something? like, renewal fees is $35?

Also all the registration and management system of the domain backed by Dotster itself.
Are you using the API provided by dotster?

J

jimb

its just $14.95/year, the only things that cost money are the email, redirects, and things that I dont even use. So the price and services are great for my needs!

Jim

Y

yinyang

Originally posted by darren

hm.. that's interesting... how you make it? are you underselling the domain? as we all know the price is $12 for a dotster reseller, is there a catch or something? like, renewal fees is $35?

Are you using the API provided by dotster?

Nope!
No underselling and no catch.
Registration and renewal fee just $11.95/year ($3 below Dotster's standard price).

Yes. Dotster is my back. :)

Another thing that I like the most is every dotster's customer can move their domain names to dotster's reseller (like me) in snap, and get cheaper price.
Just create an account from the reseller site. And move the domain names to that account.
No fee involved.

Very very usefull for reseller like me. :)
I like this feature. :cool:

darren

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice site you have there, yinyang..

I just wondering, how you get the price lower than $12, the default price for a reseller. Or you sell high volume of domains?
How? Mind to tell? :confused:

Don't you feel a little bit slow at the registerapi?
I'm having trouble making some modification inside, it takes like almost forever to load.. :rolleyes:

J

jimb

I like that template that you have casted over the dotster one, its pretty cool. Do you mainly use the site for yourself or as a customer base?

One more thing, does DotSter show up as your registrar, or does your name show up in the whois?

Jim

Y

yinyang

The key is: high volume

About slow loading at registerapi, I'll investigate the matter very soon.

Apointe is for customer base, everybody can use the service and get the competitive price. :D

Dotster is my back, so every domain registered thru mysite still show up Dotster as the registrar.
Even you can login from Dotster's site. ;)
After you have an account from my site, you can login from my site or directly from Dotster.

Dotster make everything easy, for me (as a reseller) and for my customers. :cool:

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We also run a site using Dotster's reselling program at TheDomainPros.com. I believe the main reason their back-end is a little slow is they having been doing a ton of work in the last month to make the system more efficient. Just a day or two ago they implemented a faster registration process which should hopefully speed up everything!

Much Success...

Doug Dillard

Y

yinyang

Originally posted by snoopy

he he, now its down to $9.95!

I resell dotster domains for $19.95, now thats the dearest price in town, in fact its more expensive than dotster themselves :).

Volume doesn't mean much if your only making a fews cents on each domain, dollars in the bank is what counts :)

Hi Snoopy,
Agree with you...... Dollars in the bank is what counts...... :D
Btw, May I know your website address?

QualityDomains

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to send a name to the Dotster Reseller registration page so that it is automatically placed in the register box?
ie select it from a list and click Register
So far I have found no way to do this.

Another couple of minor gripe is not being able to register new TLDs such as .name and also their Whois doesn't appear to work.

Apart from that IMO they are the best reseller around, little things like having your own customised holding page are nice.

J

jimb

I have found that DotSter WHOIS service doesnt update until 24-72 after all the rest do. Its not too go to use right now for the newly expired domain names.

I bet they will fix this later on.

Also, I know a programmer who might be able to help you with the insert of the domain name. Email me if you want his email.

Jim

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think dotster sucks.
Let's compare:
At registerfly.com for 9.99 a domain i get everything free,email,DNS,redirecting,even a 3 MB website and i can also transfer names from one account to another within minutes.Only thing is their support kinda never answers - but which does?:(
At dotster i have to pay extra for almost all services i get for free at registerfly.com or other registrars.So what is it that should be cool bout dotster?

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Also a few days ago RegisterFly announced to now have the live support 7 days a week for most of the day, never tried it out yet though.

Originally posted by jimb
I have found that DotSter WHOIS service doesnt update until 24-72 after all the rest do. Its not too go to use right now for the newly expired domain names.

I bet they will fix this later on.

Also, I know a programmer who might be able to help you with the insert of the domain name. Email me if you want his email.

Jim

sounds like Jim.. regarding the 'slow' updates of the 'who is'.. when as you say, most other 'lookup' svc's.. are quicker..???
well..
let's see...
it might mean... Dotster could sell more 'drop name reserves'
through their owned site:
NameWinner.com

Dotster is the registar & registrant of
NameWinner.com

i could be wrong..

but Dotsters the 2nd largest Registar..
and...

well...

SnapNames.com is run by the other top Registar outfit..

marketing genius on their part.. if this is the case..

cause... domain buyers.. when they have their eye on a
dynamic name..
and the drop time.. is late..
they might just go for the NameWinner.com plan.. pay some bucks... maybe get the name? maybe not.

? What is the 'refund' policy with NameWinner.. if you know..
regarding if the reserved name is not won... does the customer get their money back from NameWinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators