Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dr. Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Thank you all for your interest in acquiring newly expired/expiring domain names. Dodora Unified Communications, Inc. has signed an exclusive deal with 1524146 Ontario inc. (DBA Dr. Drop) and Compana LLC to provide privledged access to the third pool for the purpose of registering newly released domain names. Under this agreement, Dr. Drop and Compana LLC will be responsible for collecting lists of expiring names and payments from interested parties. Using our specialized software and over 3 years in the expiring domain name business, we will be using all of the resources at our disposal to register as many domain names as possible on your behalf.

If you are interested in submitting a list of domain names for registration, you may do so by sending these to [email protected]. At the time of submission, you will also be required to remit a minimum payment of $80/ domain name you wish to acquire. We will accept bids up until the names are submitted into our system and will be awarding the domain name to the highest bidder. It is best to submit your highest possible bid for all domain names on your list to ensure you will be the high bidder. You will be notified upon successfull registration of your domain name and you are only charged for successful registrations.

All payments are to be made through Paypal to the account [email protected].

We will soon be introducing a complete auction site which will be located at www.doctordrop.com. Although we encourage bids from all parties, we reserve the right to limit the amount of names accepted in order to maximize the number of successfull registrations.

We would like to thank you again for your interest in Doctor Drop's specialized domain acquisition services. If have any further questions, please direct them to [email protected].

Thank you.

Jim Kerr
www.doctordrop.com
[email protected]

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will we be able to tell if we are the high bidder with the new system? The problem with the current system is that you don't know before the drop if you are the high bidder.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't your system mean that if 22 people bid on a name (and pay up front, as you require) then you have received 22 payments of $80 for that name?!

cluelessdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
according to my friend, this plan sounds just like how that company called signaturedomains tried to rip people off.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Genki
Doesn't your system mean that if 22 people bid on a name (and pay up front, as you require) then you have received 22 payments of $80 for that name?!

From how it's worded it appears that you place your bid (ideally the most you are prepared to spend on the domain name) and are charged a 'deposit' of $80. If your bid is the highest and they get the domain name, you're charged your bid less your $80 deposit (i.e. the difference).

What it doesn't say is:

1. Do all the bidders, aside from the highest, get a refund of their $80 if they're not the highest bidder?

2. Do all the bidders, including the highest, get a refund of their $80 if DrDrop doesn't get the domain name?

If the answer to 1 and 2 is 'no' then I am afraid that the service is a joke. Charging everyone a non-refundable $80 fee per domain name, regardless of whether you're the highest bidder or even if the service doesn't get the domain name is nothing short of a con. What'd be stopping them collecting 20 x $80 bids on a good name and then registering the name for themselves at cost price? I believe NameFox already catch for themselves, but I believe they make it clear if a name isn't available on their service and won't take payments if that is the case.

I hope it's just poor communication skills coming across in a badly written press release. :)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The $80 thing seems a bit silly. You should instead check the backgound of bidders, to limit it to legitimate ones who have a history.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
The $80 thing seems a bit silly. You should instead check the backgound of bidders, to limit it to legitimate ones who have a history.

I agree, a la another drop service that I am sure we both know about. ;)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Compana LLC is NameFox ?

Yes, as far as I know they're owned by the same person.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"LSG.net" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - NameFox

"freewallpapers.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox

"adults.org" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - NameFox

"intramurals.com" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - NameFox

"launches.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox NOW SOLD

"analyst.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox

"zdp.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox

"uhw.com" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - Namefox

"lbq.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"n-n.com" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - Namefox NOW SOLD

"Nigeria.net" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"iys.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"meq.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"k1.org" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Compana LLC is NameFox ? which catch very good names

Dodora is a brand new register - which you have set up to use the threads to the drop pool ?

Very nice - should work

So says the expert. ;)

I think we've all witnessed 'ad.net' go to a $69 Snapnames customer via NameScout in the face of legitimate $10k bids elsewhere. Therefore it's obvious that whilst it is possible to improve the odds, anything can still happen.

This service may only be a success if the registrars involved, and those running the scripts, can work well together within their relationship. That has yet to be demonstrated. It could quite conceivably be a case of 'too many cooks...'. At the moment nobody knows. :)

That press release (if you can seriously call it that) was probably a bad way to start out. It's unclear and should have been composed with some more thought. At the moment I am perceiving the service as something I wouldn't want to use due to the *apparant* non-refundable $80 deposit.

Since Jeff of Namefox is involved, I'd have thought things would have rolled out a little more smoothly. Hopefully we'll see him take a controlling role in this.

Perhaps it's time to make it clear who's the organ-grinder and who's the monkey within this operation. :)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"LSG.net" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - NameFox

"freewallpapers.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox

"adults.org" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - NameFox

"intramurals.com" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - NameFox

"launches.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox NOW SOLD

"analyst.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox

"zdp.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - NameFox

"uhw.com" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - Namefox

"lbq.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"n-n.com" is registered with whois.secura-gmbh.de - Namefox NOW SOLD

"Nigeria.net" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"meq.com" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

"k1.org" is registered with whois.itsyourdomain.com - Namefox

Most of that's old news, Andrew. Why are you reposting it? Boost your DNFPoints per chance? ;)

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$80 deposit.

The $80 minimum bid is a deposit is simply that. A deposit. Upon successful registration of a domain name, the $80 would be applied to that purchase. We do however understand your concern that a lot of capital would be tied up in deposits if every domain name that people wanted came along with a $80 deposit. For this reason we are dropping the $80/name requirement. Instead we ask that every new customer submit a single $80 deposit. This deposit will establish that every bidder is serious about bidding and this deposit will be applied to your first purchase. After a name is successfully registered, the buyer will not be required to replenish this deposit.

Transparency

We understand that there is a need for transparency throughout the bidding process. It is for this reason we have been developing an auction type system that rivals that of Namewinner. When complete, this system will allow all bidders to see the highest recent bid as well as monitor all auctions right up until the time of bidding.

Thank you

Thank you for all of your suggestions. They are immensely helpfull and we will do everything within our power to make this system work for you, the domain registrant.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David I was showing what Compana LLC got in the past thats all

vBulletin has an excellent search feature. I am sure anyone interested would be able to use it to find all references to 'namefox', including the one you reposted above. ;)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameGuy
I'd almost bet Snap put some extra resources into trying to catch that one.

I agree NameGuy. Snap was aware of heightened anticipation over this name and their success has been an invaluable advertisement for them.

Be that as it may, a question still surrounds whether that domain name was really registered up to next year and so should not have dropped, and even if the former registrant successfully petitions NSI for its repatriation, Snap's so-called 'efficacy' was running on all four cylinders yesterday.

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your interest in this new service. Quite a few have signed up and we would like to thank you. We will do our best to get you your names and welcome any input you may have.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNbuy
$80 deposit.

The $80 minimum bid is a deposit is simply that. A deposit. Upon successful registration of a domain name, the $80 would be applied to that purchase. We do however understand your concern that a lot of capital would be tied up in deposits if every domain name that people wanted came along with a $80 deposit. For this reason we are dropping the $80/name requirement. Instead we ask that every new customer submit a single $80 deposit. This deposit will establish that every bidder is serious about bidding and this deposit will be applied to your first purchase. After a name is successfully registered, the buyer will not be required to replenish this deposit.

So in other words, until people challenged this charge in public on this forum, your plan really was to charge $80 per bid placed up front.

The mind boggles!

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Genki

So in other words, until people challenged this charge in public on this forum, your plan really was to charge $80 per bid placed up front.

The mind boggles!

We are glad to be recognized as a company that is responsive to our clients needs.

BTW. We are glad to note that Dr. Drop picked up thier first domain, Sexyasiangirls.com, on the drop the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom