Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

guide Drop your suggestions!

This is a post intended to be a guide on how to use this section of the forum.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are listening as we want to enhance your experience on DNForum.

Whatever the idea may be, big or small, voice your opinion so that we may look into it further.

We would prefer a new thread for each suggestion so that we can narrow it down to exactly what would please the most on how we can implement features on DNF without getting sidetracked.

DNForum looks forward to once again becoming the largest (and retaining the title of 'original') domain name forum. However, we cannot do it without your help and suggestions on improvement through this community-ownership-led initiative.

Upvote 0

Charank

Level 2
Reaction score
what exactly does the resources section do? usually, it has been used for selling products. Which includes downloading. Also, members online would be a great addition, enable the widget so that members would know who is online so that they will know when can they expect an answer.

Domain summit 2024

Charank

Level 2
Reaction score
Add Popular threads and discussions of the week or month addon as well. So that we will know what's popular recently! Sorry for too many suggestions.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry for too many suggestions.
They're all great! While we can't sit here and reply to all suggestions immediately as they come in, we definitely are listening. We'll either come back here or ask elsewhere about how we can fine-tune the features to try and suit everyone.

Literally, post anything that comes to your head on how to improve DNF. I would wager that you're not the only one that has thought of it, but you would be the one to post it first.

noneisnone

Level 4
Reaction score
reformat the wording on the subscription and add new features only difference i see from a regular user and a gold one is the badge

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stop allowing threads from 3 years ago to be bumped especially in requests section
This is something that we can immediately do by looking into locking the threads as soon as they're bumped.

Darlington Omeh

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. Revamp your membership awards and titles. Those titles should be based on merit not just cash and carry stuff. Gold Members, Executive Members, Platinum Members are all cash and carry. Old members don't always like it when new comers can just pay money and pick up same titles as theirs.

2. Before you think about growth, remember what killed this forum in the first place. You can't heal if the disease is still there. I don't think such business model is ever going to be good for a forum or any social media.

3. They should be Like and Dislike buttons as well as Agree and Disagree, and Thanks.

Last edited:

noneisnone

Level 4
Reaction score
amplify i just went through the requests section 3 pages 2 and half of them are dead threads with inactive users from a year ago ^^

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3. They should be Like and Dislike buttons as well as Agree and Disagree, and Thanks.
I can certainly tell you that this is in the works. I would just like matching emoticons to go with the type of reaction as well as have a solidified plan on how these reactions can be received as well as given.

I would appreciate it if you could expand on this specifically in its own thread. This way we can discuss the expressed impacts of these reactions on both the receiving account and the one that gives it.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amplify i just went through the requests section 3 pages 2 and half of them are dead threads with inactive users from a year ago ^^
That doesn't necessarily mean that they are bad suggestions though. We only recently acquired the forum and devoted a team of developers to it. As new owners, we'll need to go through all of these suggestions to see what we can implement and what is unrealistic, closing the latter.

buydomains

Level 2
Reaction score
Is it possible to add verified a buy request threads in DNF , OP should deposit the real budgets in DNF escrow before creating a buy request threads.

OP obligate to buy one of domains from other DNF members (based OP criteria as mentioned in threads).

When he /she pick up one of domain , OP should inform and published to all submitter via PM and monitored by one of DNF staff. Its fair and not only waste a time.

Time for buy reqquest should be limited , lets say maximum 7 days or 14 days before OP choose the best domain from other members

noneisnone

Level 4
Reaction score
@buydomains love you broski but ain't no way in hell that will work :D what if you want a brandable domain for 50$ it all will depend on your judgment perhaps all the domains you were sent were good but just not for you

Charank

Level 2
Reaction score
I can certainly tell you that this is in the works. I would just like matching emoticons to go with the type of reaction as well as have a solidified plan on how these reactions can be received as well as given.

I would appreciate it if you could expand on this specifically in its own thread. This way we can discuss the expressed impacts of these reactions on both the receiving account and the one that gives it.
Sometimes Dislike or disagree icons will leave negative reaction points by default which might get the receiver banned. But that can be changed, and instead of dislike a disagree button would be good with an ✖️ emoji, that way it looks civil.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators