• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Eat.net on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm curious how much he wants to let it go. 6 figures is too much I think
 
I don't feel like this is a 6 figure name... mid xx,xxx would be more like it.
 
i know the seller- he would entertain mid xx,xxx offers-
 
Dot Net is still very relevant and a great 3 letter domain like Eat.net is a rare premium domain.

Dot Net is 2nd only to Dot Com in 3 letter pricing and sales from what I've seen. I've been looking at the year to date sales in the DNJournal and Dot Net isn't looking too shabby:

http://www.dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm

I'm not sure what Eat.net will sell for but it is an easy to remember name in an extension that is tried , tested , and true. ...........
 
nice domain............:smilewinkgrin:
 
You build the brand, the extension only helps.

If people want to visit your site they will type anything you say, just be sure to get your own typos.
 
I found out about this thread on Friday and decided to wait a bit. Now that the eBay listing is ending in a few days, I am posting to this thread.

It has been pointed out to me by other members that, for some, there may be some confusion about the Buy It Now / Best Offer eBay format I chose.

I wanted Eat to show well for the run at eBay, thus its Buy It Now. I've marched this one out before and in light of the recent $30K three letter .net sale in April, I was interested in learning what the perceived market value was from those who actually buy such high profile names (i.e., short universal word on a premium TLD).

For those who are unaware, a while back, eBay introduced the idea of a "Best Offer" on a listing set up with Buy It Now. Of course, at Buy It Now, I am obligated to sell, but with the "Best Offer", I can elect to sell or not.

I thought this device an easier way to handle the listing because it seemed pretty straight forward. Rather than playing the "adjust the reserve" game we have all seen done in various venues, I thought I would simply take offers and if I find one in the ballpark, I would probably sell.

As was pointed out in this thread, I'm looking for mid $xx,xxx for the name because, as others pointed out, it is probably a fair price for the name given what it is and past comps, though arguably, it is probably worth more than that range.

In any case, you can certainly visit eBay and can search in the domains section for Eat and you should find the listing. Judging by the visits counter, there have been quite a number of you already there. As we get to the closing days of the listing, I welcome you to send a ballpark offer. No $x,xxx or low $xx,xxx offers please, as it wastes both our time.

Hopefully, this clarifies things.

-Commerce
 
No matter how good your .net is, and how much you spend on branding getting that ".net" branded into people's brains, you will always be losing traffic to the .com... and will always have to spend money on branding/advertising. Some companies are willing to do that. Or spend more (initially), get the .com, and do/spend less.


I couldnt have said it much better myself. But there are some very nice .nets out there and for some they are well suited for the tld more so than the .com and SE doesnt descriminate between the two for placement. and with so much dependance on SE these days it just lessens the ultimate, historic need for .com

As for eat.net .. it doesnt touch the .com, certainly not a well suited word for the tld. Without traffic I cant see this one having value in the xx,xxx range. I've seen better short generic .nets here on dnf for far less than that. I even paid 2k for an 11 letter .net here a month ago, but the name suits the tld.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom