Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

eBay Newbie - Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I want to give eBay a try with my domains listed at NameClearance.com. Can someone give me some instructions on the best way to list there and what it will cost me?

What I would really like to do is this... I would like to run one auction for each price category I have (ie. $99, $79, $49 and $25 domains) and list all the domains at that price in each auction. Then have it that the winning bid gets to pick which domain they want from the list. I really don't want to sell a domain for $1.00, so is there around that so I can still start it at $1.00, but I won't accept less than a certain amount?

Also is there a way to advertise my site through the auction? That would be cool!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Doug
NameClearance.com

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotDealers
I really don't want to sell a domain for $1.00, so is there around that so I can still start it at $1.00, but I won't accept less than a certain amount?

What I do if I want to try and sell a scrappy name is start bids at $1, and mark the transfer price as the shipping price, and I explain that in the desciption.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I have been reprimanded by eBay for offering auctions where the winning bidder can PICK a name. I used to run an auction with my "junk" names and the bid started at $1. The winning bidder got to pick as many names from that list as they wanted at the winning bid. Then, I put it up again, minus the names that the person took. This was cool, until eBay decided that they did not like it because it violated their policies. They said allowing the wining bidder to pick from a list did not mean the auction was uniform for all participants. . .

Also, they then tried to take away my birthday for trying to circumvent their final price fee by selling more than one item while not listing it separately... i.e. they lose part of their pie.

Happy eBaying.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators