Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ebay sent me a C&D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, if you are going to play in the trespassing game, have the decency to stop when the other party is kind enough to warn you rather than just shoot you.

I'm not playing the trespassing game (for the record)

And their warning is not a kind gesture so dont be fooled. When a company sends such large numbers of such emails it would be a large waste of money to just go nuts on everyone they feel are stepping on their mark.

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with their warning being a kind gesture Kevin. It has everything to do with you stepping on their mark and that they have the rights to take action against you for it. Sometimes ya just got to know when to say "when" - and now would be that time. Your DNF peers are trying to save you a headache and harm to your business that could affect FUTURE rulings on you and other names you have. Why you would even consider putting yourself in a position for a company like ebay to go nuts on you is not making much sense to me.

This is my last post on this. (ok, maybe not my last one)

Best Regards,

CCD

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll sleep on it.. maybe ill see it your way tomorrow. But at this moment this is a domain i registered to use. and not to use against ebay or its efforts. I have nothing againt them personally, ive made lots of money from them since the late 90's and have learned alot from them as well.

Thanks for the input.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not playing the trespassing game (for the record)

And their warning is not a kind gesture so dont be fooled. When a company sends such large numbers of such emails it would be a large waste of money to just go nuts on everyone they feel are stepping on their mark.

Stop wasting time, man. We got business to do, got money to earn, got life to enjoy. Why do you wanna play this non-sense game without any success definitely? I even offered you some DNF$, come on!! :D

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll sleep on it.. maybe ill see it your way tomorrow. But at this moment this is a domain i registered to use. and not to use against ebay or its efforts. I have nothing againt them personally, ive made lots of money from them since the late 90's and have learned alot from them as well.

Thanks for the input.

:)

My pleasure.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to know why the registrant wont disclose the domain, if its a legit domain that does not infringe on Ebay's trademark, why censor out the domain in the C&D?.....a clear case of cybersqatting would be my best guess.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to know why the registrant wont disclose the domain, if its a legit domain that does not infringe on Ebay's trademark, why censor out the domain in the C&D?.....a clear case of cybersqatting would be my best guess.

It's not crucial for me to hide it for any reason but to keep my sites out of the assorted forums sigs and posts. I'll pm it to you if you like. alien went and posted it knowing i didnt want to show it. he obviously has some hidden agenda, perhaps he's just a rebel. either way its not dire to hide it.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, wasnt 100% important to hide it, or i would have spot checked it better before i edited the missed one.

No worries, I'll take it out of mine so it isnt forgotten and end up hittin me in the face down road.

No, it wasn't intended. You didn't mask it in your post so everyone could see. I will remove it now. BTW, this section is NOT indexable by spiders or crawlers, so don't worry. Oh wait, just saw you posted too.

And its not the spiders and crawlers that worry me, its the members of the forums who abuse ads on sites with massive click frauds and server attacks.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Jacksplat,

Please PM me the domain, I wont tell.....promise.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too would like to know the name in question. I'm very curious about ebay's policies and what domains they go after. So pm me also.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jack is a cool kat, whatever you do, good luck

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks GAMEFINEST. much appreciated.

No word back from them yet, I dont expect to hear from them untill they review their options and course of action.

Another domain conflict came in today but completely opposite. This one asking if I mind they use one of my domains as the name of their blog (subdomained w/netscape.com). happens what he's doing is exactly what I have planned for my .com but to be honest I'll probably give him my blessing so long as it doesnt come back to bite me in a way I can lose my domain. I'm not in touch with legal issues (as we can all see) so I may need advice about this other one before I tell him it's cool with me.

I'm all for someone building their online presence, or a project on a business level. So I hope I can give him my blessing. I just have to be concerned now with people wanting to take my domain.

Jack

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I got the PM Jacksplat, the domain obviously infringes on Ebay's TM, Ebay uses these words in that exact form to promote there seminars.....If they don't go after this one with all they got, I would be very surprised.

I wouldn't spend a dime defending this one.....Good luck.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I find it strange they didn't register it themselves if this two word combo is important to them. It was available, i regged it.

You reg'd this only a month ago, taking into count these seminars have been going on for years, I too find it incredible that nobody else reg'd this domain, especially ebay...very nice reg, Initially I found it strange they caught it so quick, but then I remembered reading somewhere that they have software programs that search them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators