Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Email account reselling options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exploring the possibility to allow the use of one of my domain(s) to be used as a unique email address. I already have the audience and the potential is strong.

I have studied Rackspace to com's site and control panel.

Their reseller program is very flexible. It allows me to use multiple domains in the same account.

A person would simply select a name (if available) along with the specific URL that would be their email address.

Does anyone else have first hand experience in using an Email service for this? I would like to compare a couple of other plans.

Also, even though I have not committed this project to any service, I have to say that Rackspace has been outstanding in answering any and all of my questions. They have provided examples, suggestions, and wonderful customer service online and on the phone.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Doc I'm not sure what reselling email accounts are about but my friend Ian has created a 'free email service' system that I think is pretty good. It's like having your own free Gmail or Hotmail system. You can read more here

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Doc I'm not sure what reselling email accounts are about...
I have some very strong niche domain names. Those names represent millions of people. Within those niches are specialties.

I am looking for email reseller options.

I would maintain control of the domain name. The domain name will represent an email account that individuals within that specialty can purchase on a yearly basis for (most likely) an annual fee of only twenty dollars.

Currently, I am considering RackSpace.

As a reseller of emails accounts with RackSpace, my cost is $0.70 per month, per account, for a minimum total of $150.00 per month. The $150 is my obligation to RackSpace.

My cost of an email account is $8.40 per year. The profit per account sold would be $5.60. That is not a huge profit margin. However, I have the audience and the numbers to support something like this.

RackSpace will allow me to use as many domains as I choose within the one master account. I would create a site directed at this niche. From there, people within that niche would be able to select a specialty and register their email account.

So, I was just wondering if there were other email reseller accounts worth exploring.

I am in no hurry as I am still in the planning stages (proper domains, proper domain extensions, a website, and marketing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom