• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed EnglishFlats.com and ScottishFlats.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevmacmeh

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
15
Hi Guys,

Seeking appraisals for these two premium real estate names.

EnglishFlats.com

ScottishFlats.com


"Flats" is the term used in the UK instead of "apartments". 90% of accomodation in Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, is composed of flats.

Ive had a few decent offers and I was wondering what they are worth.

Thanks :)
 
Last edited:
"Flats" is a term which is very much on it's way out in the property industry in the UK as it is seen as 'common' to live in a flat, but trendy to live in an apartment. It's snobbery at it's best, but it is taking hold and has been for a while.

I worked in Estate Agency for a short while about 8 years back, and even then we always used apartment instead of flat.

This would seem to be backed by google search results which favour apartments over flats.

That's not to say there's no value in the domains, but I think that any buyer will be placed in the lower end of the property market and not on the high value end where all the cash is at, and where you could command a real premium for the domains.

I think anything in 4 figures (sterling) would be a reasonable offer for each of them.
 
Thanks for your view mate :)

Yeah, the terms are interchangeable i suppose but I've always used the term "flat" rather than "apartment". For example, Ive never heard anyone where I live say "Im away to my friend's apartment tonight". I suppose it's regional variations etc..

Any more views on these names? your comments are greatly appreciated :)

Cheers guys
 
Can anyone else offer some opinions?

Thanks guys ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom