Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom Enom & Fabulous: Combined Issue

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have an issue with both eNom & Fabulous and the common denominator, unfortunately points to eNom's mailing relays.

I've already opened a ticket at both registrars last week, and it's not getting anywhere anytime soon. Meanwhile, due to this glitch, I cannot receive email confirmations for renewals or purchases, that is - transaction emails. Also, I can't receive emails with Reports, at eNom.

The culprit appears to be eNom's relayer, mail-01.notify-customer.com and mail-02.notify-customer.com

I receive notifications about expiring domains etc. along with updates to my tickets, just fine - none of these use these relayers. I've white-listed several IPs provided by eNom, and have yet to hear back from Fabulous with a suggestion. It clearly is important that I receive emails from the domain registrars I keep domains at.

Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In case I didn't make it clear: Fabulous uses eNom's back end to mail off invoices.

patents

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that we receive our email confirmations for renewals, purchases and reports from both Fabulous and enom.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks, patents. Which is your email provider or host? I need to isolate the issue here. PM me if you don't want to share publicly.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed the IP address 69.64.153.133 is listed in two blacklists including sorbs.
The Enom platform is notoriously bad, most likely due to the large number of users.
If you rely on their mail forwarding facilities you are going to miss a lot of mail because their MX are always blacklisted somewhere.

NB: I have nonetheless received received notifications from Fab two days ago.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you Katherine! I did not find that IP on Spamhaus when I searched, it's been 2 weeks that the service does not produce invoice emails.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recieve all emails from enom with no problem.

But I use my server's pop on my home domain to handle all my emails. Alot of custom dns entries to make it work an all isp's and hosts for outgoing mails though.

I stopped using enom for any mail forwarding years ago. Problematic at the least.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mark, thanks. I've no eNom based forwarding enabled, this is just a typical server receiving renewal/registration emails for my domains.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am receiving all emails from enom without issue Theo.

I use gmail (or more accurately, Google apps on my domain)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have no resolution to this issue so far. More troubling is the lack of response from Fabulous.com.
I do not want to change to gmail, and the only emails I am not getting are related to the invoice system using the IP above which Katherine found on black lists and which I can confirm. Whether your host takes the black lists into consideration can be a completely random event.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo where is your mail hosted ? Do you have your own servers or it's a third party over which you have no control ?

More troubling is the lack of response from Fabulous.com.
Did you send from another account ? Perhaps their reply was caught as spam as well :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a VPS. The same email/accounts are used to communicate the issue. Fabulous has no resolution so far per their own responses.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I had no resolution to this issue and since such email notifications are important, I resorted to changing the email to a different host.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators