Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom enom support collapsing? Yep!

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canoodle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been with enom a long time.

No problems until the last few months. In the last few months, I have emailed them on four different problems. I called twice, and was told to make a support ticket by email...the problem is that they have NOT responded to a single email.

I don't abuse the system, and my issues were legit...yet they fail to even respond. If they can't help me...fine...but at least RESPOND!

Any others have this problem?

M

mole

My understanding is don't use email. You need to use the support web interphase.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom support is great for me, just use the online ticket system.

divaqs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Canoodle said:
I've been with enom a long time.

No problems until the last few months. In the last few months, I have emailed them on four different problems. I called twice, and was told to make a support ticket by email...the problem is that they have NOT responded to a single email.

I don't abuse the system, and my issues were legit...yet they fail to even respond. If they can't help me...fine...but at least RESPOND!

Any others have this problem?

What email address are you using? I think some of them are checked only once a week, and others are probably checked even less frequently (I've heard they fill up with lots and lots of spam).

The expectation, as stated by others, is for you to submit a support ticket via the website (help -> Support Center -> Request Help). These are monitored daily by a team of support representatives.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
opening a support ticket is the best method.. I ask a question and even get them to make global updates to the email settings (I have over 1500 domains with enom and they do all the work asked even if they have to pass it on to tech support

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After the first 3 years of operational service, all companies support practices go down hill ;)

T

tekz999

I must say enom gives a topnotch support. They answers all my questions. Simply submit a ticket via the online support area for enom.

M

mole

namestrands said:
I have over 1500 domains with enom and they do all the work asked even if they have to pass it on to tech support

I guess anyone above 1,000 names is a VIP customer. I don't have much, so I sit in economy class.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I received a response to my ticket from Enom. 25 days later.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent off a support ticket yesterday (Friday afternoon) for a Club Drop name I won that seemed to have been allocated to someone else and I got a reply back within hours reassuring me that the name would be put in my account.

I thought this was pretty good for a Friday afternoon support request.

dotDan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've emailed them about becoming an ETP and it's been no less than 24 hours between each reply.

I can understand the spam issue as a reply to one of my emails was marked as spam by their bayesian filter (atleast, the title said so)

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why / how are you emailing eNom support? There is no provision at www.enom.com for email support -- the only email addresses I see are [email protected] and [email protected], but unless your query is general or abuse-related, you're barking up the wrong tree with either of those. The only provision is to use their support interface to open a support ticket. That's the "correct" way to go about it.

Pardon the analogy, but this is like showing up at your doctor's house and complaining because he's out playing golf instead of tending to your injury. This is why doctor's have office hours, and when you have an emergency you go to the hospital. If their support interface says open a ticket, you open a ticket -- don't try to send an email direct to some email that you assume they are checking, because it is probably not going to get a timely response. This is also why it bugs me when people call a voicemail tree, press "0" because they're too lazy to listen to the prompts, and complain because they get shuffled around. People are too lazy to follow instructions in this day and age, IMHO.

FWIW, I opened a somewhat tricky, 2-part question ticket today at 11:50 AM, and had a good response (thoughtful, well composed, and solved my problem) at 6:45 PM. That's just under a 7 hour turnaround on a complicated issue -- and on a Monday no less.

dotDan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FLe8, assuming that was directed at me, I emailed info@. The analogy makes sense, and the response times are also better now that I was routed to a direct person rather than the general info@ domain :)

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotDan said:
FLe8, assuming that was directed at me, I emailed info@. The analogy makes sense, and the response times are also better now that I was routed to a direct person rather than the general info@ domain :)

It was more just general ranting than specific response to you. Upon re-reading my post, it may have come across somewhat abrasive, and for that I apologize. I am glad you got your question answered, though. And, for what it's worth, I can understand the thought process that questions about becoming a reseller falling into the "[email protected]" category.

taheria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont forget you can also call them - 1-425-274-4500 3 for tech support, 2 for sales (i think). You may get a faster response that way - but some issues even when you call in still require a support ticket as written record that you requested the action or change be done. Depends on the issue really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators