Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

eNom to offer new reseller tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Check it out at:

https://www.enom.com/help/faq_pdq.asp

Does anyone think the $99/year pricetag will be a stumbling block? Personally, the $99/year thing is the only aspect of it that kinda' bugs me. But that may be an unreasonable position on my part.

Anyone else have thoughts about it? Or about PDQ generally?

Domain summit 2024

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a good tool for lazy resellers who cannot code. eNom is always ahead with domain reselling technologies, comparing with most registrars.

(not a fan of Verisign)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it!

A lot better than the RegistryRocket thingy! :)

Nothing wrong with having convenience.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats mole 500 posts :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks Omni :cool: Besides collecting domains, I collect posts too.

looks pretty similar to dotsters reseller program at first glance.

Originally posted by snoopy
looks pretty similar to dotsters reseller program at first glance.
Yes... the Instant Reseller (IR) System, you mean (or at least so I presume). The two salient differences, it seems to me, being:

1. With the Dotster IR system, one has a great deal more control over the look and feel of the pages, as illustrated in these examples.

2. Though Dotster's wholesale price for a .com/.net/.org TLD is more at $12.00 than eNom's $6.95 thru $9.95, Dotster is charging no monthly or annual fee for the service, whereas eNom is charging $99 per year for its PDQ service. However, though Dotster is waiving it for the moment, it does charge an initial setup fee ($150), which eNom does not charge. So, at least for the first year, Dotster, when it is not waiving its setup fee, is 50% more. But then, amortized over two years, eNom becomes more than double Dotster's cost. Then at three years, eNom is six times more expensive. And so on.

What I don't know, because I've never been a Dotster customer of any kind, is how Dotster's basic suite of services and the quality of its control panel compares with eNom's. I'm told by those who have tried both that when one steps back and takes a long look at the big picture, all things considered, eNom is a better place to keep and manage one's domain name. As someone who signed-up as an eNom reseller very, very soon after it first opened for business, I've watched its suite of features grow, mature and become extremeley sophisticated. While I'm sure they could be matched, it's difficult to imagine anything much better out there.

Thoughts, anyone?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by deselms
As someone who signed-up as an eNom reseller very, very soon after it first opened for business, I've watched its suite of features grow, mature and become extremeley sophisticated. While I'm sure they could be matched, it's difficult to imagine anything much better out there.

Thoughts, anyone?

ahahhaa... well, unless you are a paid hack of eNom, I fully agree with your feelings. I've used countless registrars and I can only say that eNom has good programmers :D I pay $29/year for ALL my names, GLADLY.

ffeingol

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marty
Seems to be a good tool for lazy resellers who cannot code.

I'm not a total fan of PDQ as it's quite limiting, but I would not say that we are lazy :). It takes quite a while to get a good site up and coded with the enom API (unless I'm missing something). PDQ lets us get going with the site while we code the "real" one.

$99 seems like a good price to buy some time.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators