Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

epik Epik: Use domain casing and revert to capitalized

This is a discussion about the domain name registrar/company Epik.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Epik UI/UX takes a lot of getting used to Rob. I would like to see domains not capitalize and a quicker process for doing certain actions, like parking and setting up landers.

Also I would like to seem some type of expense tracking with history and charts. All the data is there, but would be nice to have it in a visually appealing and easy to see way.

The Epik Domain Manager is a one stop shop for domain name asset management. It is free for anyone to use even if domains are external to Epik registrar. It generates free stats from Estibot and also provides free DNS.

The domain manager also lets you track searchable notes and tags.

Upon approval external domains are also eligible for parking, including PPC. This is quite handy when managing renewals in terms of deciding which domains to keep or drop.

As for tracking cost basis, we should add that feature. It has been on the list -- the ability to monitor the total cost basis including renewal expense for granular match of all associated cost basis.

The .COM transfer promo for Epik at $6.99 is also continuing for anyone looking to beat the price increase.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I meant in the UI. All domains are capitalized.
Yeah, I know. By that, I meant that if you set the casing it would be cool if it used that as the default over all capitalized letters.

For instance, you own ABC.COM; DEF.COM; and XYZ.COM, and they would all be displayed as such in the current interface.

However, let's say you set the marketplace capitalization on ABC.COM to Abc.com, it would then carry over to Abc.com in the list of your domains. The domains DEF.COM and XYZ.COM would remain unchanged and appear the same as they have not been set.

Just kicking the idea around, unsure if Epik would run with it. It seems like it would be visually easier to spot a name out of a list with the casing explicitly set.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, that would be easier. @amplify
I have a few names that, by first glance, appear to be something else as I read things as one when they're all capitalized and then split it in my head. Being able to set the case on two-word+ domains would definitely allow me to know what the domain is and its purpose at first glance without questioning it.

I only have just shy of 200 domains in Epik and I have trouble reading them at times. Maybe it's connected to learning, i.e. reading and comprehension (recognizing words when they're all grouped together), and it's just me though? Would likely need more input on that from other users for them to make a change. :p

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Epik needs to update the UI/UX. @amplify
Not my area! But I did move this discussion to make it stand out to those that are watching and listening.
Maybe it's connected to learning, i.e. reading and comprehension (recognizing words when they're all grouped together), and it's just me though?
...if more have the same problem, perhaps something will be done. If not, I'm fine with that too... I just have to take a millisecond more reading each domain. :p

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I meant in the UI. All domains are capitalized.
Oh, what you are seeing YOURSELF in the "My Domains" section.
Right, I didn't think about that. It's true, why doesn't it use the casing you defined for each name and always leaves everything in UPPER cap!? On top of things, you would be able to directly see how the casing are configured. Right now, if you want to know, you need to look in the "casing" menu or have a look at the marketplace or your marketplace.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, what you are seeing YOURSELF in the "My Domains" section.
Right, I didn't think about that. It's true, why doesn't it use the casing you defined for each name and always leaves everything in UPPER cap!? On top of things, you would be able to directly see how the casing are configured. Right now, if you want to know, you need to look in the "casing" menu or have a look at the marketplace or your marketplace.
I was just checking something and yeah you are right.

Too many steps for simple actions.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators