Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.es - Boom or Bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Baychlen,
I work for EuroDNS, I searched for your post to the support that you send on Friday, they will answer you on Monday. I wonder how you can know that EuroDNS/AsiaDNS was the only 1 company that offered .vn´s? I know a few more. You posted here the whois, you see the company name in the whois? its the oldest .vn Registrar outside of Vietnam, that means not we could register the name a competitor did. During the landrush mostly the Registrars have no chance to check the availibility of a domain, this could happend in your case. There are a few .VN registrars on the market, they are listed on the NIC´s Website. We had a huge information delay too, and checked after the submission each name double.
And by the way, I think this is the wrong tread to discuss .VN, you should post at this place: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=166694&page=3&highlight=vietnam
Was this your first landrush?

remf

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Baychlen, I've gotta disagree with your statements which seem very harsh and could confuse others. In my experience EuroDNS has been nothing but plain sailing. Admittedly I haven't tried out the new .VN they're offering, but I have registered a lot of european ccTLD's and had no problems whatsoever.

Once or twice I was a bit cheeky and tried to pass some blatant trademark infringing domains through, but Freddy was quite clear that it was against EuroDNS policy and I accepted this. I wasn't billed for these names, and Freddy was courteous and polite in explaining the situation clearly for me.

As with most sites, you 'accept' the TOS when you sign up, and this covers EuroDNS's back against issues such as these. The fact that you didn't read the TOS in the first place means you only have yourself to blame. If you had read them, and fully understood them, then you may have chosen to take your business elsewhere, and it's not really right to blame EuroDNS or Freddy for your own mistake. At the end of the day, it was your decision to do business with them, and you got stung because of your own ignorance in not looking at their TOS.

Whilst I feel sorry that you lost out here, and lost a bit of money, we all have a responsibility to make sure that we are happy where we shop when we shop online. Take more care in who you decide to shop with and you won't make silly mistakes.

As for EuroDNS - they are a great company, and their customer service is great. Freddy is always happy to answer PM's, even on a weekend, in the event that you can't get a reply from their customer service.

I will continue taking my business to EuroDNS for a long time, and my only complaint with them is that some of their prices could be lower, but I suspect they will come down in time.

If you're looking for a friendly, efficient registrar, that plays by the book, then look no farther than EuroDNS.

- remf

baychlen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spanish people in general prefers .com, most of them "mycompany.com" , bigger does .es
While .es is a symbol of regionality, and Im living there, I bought some for my own use. One time I received offer to sell one for 400€ but I rejected the offer because I need the domain. The truth is that people knows very good that the traffic do not depends only by the domain name.

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spanish people in general prefers .com

Yes, I confirm. I checked some .es domain names at Spanish market. Spanish people definately prefer .coms

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spanish people need to get used to .es,and they are doing so rapidly. As soon as the quantity of .es domains showing up in google results increases, the value of .es domains will go up proportionaly. And more so, since Latinamerica is also looking in direction .es.

In my eyes .es has the potential of becomming the most popular TLD for the spanish speaking world.

If you just park a reasonable (virgin) .es domain, it gets more hits and more clicks than any other popular extension. Many of my .es domains have already paid for themselves in the first two months.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention:

This is for Spanish Keywords.
English keywords under .es make no sense, unless they are words that are also common use in spanish.

xtremest

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is for Spanish Keywords.
English keywords under .es make no sense, unless they are words that are also common use in spanish.
Even for english keywords i've got some offers and I sold one .es. But traffic is low, that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators