Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.es - Boom or Bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just got a e-mail from eurodns saying that the .es landruch is over, but I still have 4 domains in the sunrise section and they're available on nic.es(with many applications).
so is eurodns giving up on those domains?

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sealover said:
i just got a e-mail from eurodns saying that the .es landruch is over, but I still have 4 domains in the sunrise section and they're available on nic.es(with many applications).

Same for me. I would like to know if they are domains that eurodns didn't manage to reg for us or if they are in a kind of pending status.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dominator said:
It doesn't matter how many people in the world speak Spanish, they are not in Spain. Why should an Argentinian use .es for his local market? Spanish market is defined by the number of people using Internet in Spain and nowhere else.
I think there is some validity to that idea, but there isn't a wall around Spain blocking all .es websites from being accessed outside too. Here's an example, for yahoo.ca (Canada), you can search in french language. You can search "all the web", or "french language sites", or "canada sites". I am sure a lot of .fr (France) sites get picked up under "french language sites", so there you will have French speaking canadians finding sites from France. Then they become familiar with the .fr domain extension and may try some type ins for french word sites, and it leads on and on. In advanced search you can or will be able to get returns for websites with only .ca or .fr or .es extension. It's too early to tell for sure but there should be some cross over traffic for different countries that speak the same language.

hollo

Since 2005
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hugegrowth said:
I think there is some validity to that idea, but there isn't a wall around Spain blocking all .es websites from being accessed outside too. Here's an example, for yahoo.ca (Canada), you can search in french language. You can search "all the web", or "french language sites", or "canada sites". I am sure a lot of .fr (France) sites get picked up under "french language sites", so there you will have French speaking canadians finding sites from France. Then they become familiar with the .fr domain extension and may try some type ins for french word sites, and it leads on and on. In advanced search you can or will be able to get returns for websites with only .ca or .fr or .es extension. It's too early to tell for sure but there should be some cross over traffic for different countries that speak the same language.

Yes, I agree with you. I own a .com.es that receives 80% of traffic from Latin America (all type-ins). The key is that Spanish speaking market is 400 million, so somebody will try the .com.ar extension, then .com.mx, and then the .es.

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for freedy to respond to my question:
Has eurodns given up on .es domains from sunrise period?

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is up to Freddy now, seems all the application are at the spanish registry and they are allocating the domains one by one. Apparently there was a huge demand coming from the US and they received a massive amount of multiple applications for the same domains... we will see in the next few days... I am still waiting for 3 of them...

dnbidder

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is happing about our refunds? I havnt heard anything

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm also curious to know when is the final date we get refunds for non-regged domains.

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Havn't got one domain yet, and out of my 6 I'm waiting on, DD24 just confirmed I didn't get one. So 5 remaining, if I don't get 1 I will be ticked!

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi sealover/fredo.
the domains that are still in pending status got more then one application. earlier in this tread someone posted a link to check the status.
this domains are still shown as free on nic.es, but in our availablility-check we mark them as taken, I think customers are already confused enough with this landrush. We still get confirmations from the landrush, I think it would be wrong to close now all orders.

hi dnbidder,
the refunds should be soon in your account, I dont know when. For the moment there are to much domains still being confirmed by the registry. For all that want to spend the refunds with us I can switch the accounts manually to invoice-mode to compensate a bit the delay. so you will be not asked for a creditcard.

Freddy

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, so there remains a hope for the ones still free on nic.es (with applications).
but I have one domain is the sunrise that is taken in the registry so I would like a refund for it on my credit card, I think everyone wants these refunds to take place asap.
thanks!

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pls reply to the email that you got with the invoice with your request.
the mail will arrive in the right department, they will take care.
our developers are working on an automatic system for the refunds.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sealover

Same for me. I would like to know if they are domains that eurodns didn't manage to reg for us or if they are in a kind of pending status.

pls reply to the email that you got with the invoice with your request.
the mail will arrive in the right department, they will take care.
our developers are working on an automatic system for the refunds.

Just got this e-mail:

Dear EuroDNS Customer

Thanks for your message

Your Domain Names were processed by EuroDNS however the Registry managed a queue of applications for some cases
In case of Registry rejections EuroDNS will refund you next month and you will be notified

Best wishes
EuroDNS support
Christian

> To whom It May Concern:
>
> I still have 10 domains listed as sunrise. Could you please either see
> if you can register any or all of them, or send me a refund.
>
>
>

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got one awesome .es domain today! True premium!!! Thank you DD24, I just hope I get my other 4 still pending!

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
Freddy, I still have 10 domains in Sunrise. When will this all be settled?

I have 4 pending at DD24 as well...

They said it could take up to 48 days to resolve.

-Jarrod

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here's the message i received today...

Thanks for your message
We will refund you as explained on our website (see the Payment information item)
If you are agree you can keep the 100% amount of rejected pre registration orders as credit line for your next purchases
http://www.eurodns.com/info/payment/index.php for further details
Best wishes

EuroDNS support
Christian

And their payment page says refunds won't occur for 120 days due to security reasons? Also I'm not sure how to let them know what I want an account credit, a credit card refund or a check?

dnbidder

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for every name you have in your sunrise account that you didnt get,
euro dns are taking 10 euros per name and refund the rest

I have 39 in sunrise so will lose 390 Euros

My friend has 233 in sunrise so hes gunna lose 2330 euros

Is this a joke or what

can we have a clear answer from freddy on what is happing with the refunds.

What is the incentive for them to get names if there going to get money no matter what happerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom