Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Escrow.com fee when selling through GoDaddy Marketplace

Knocks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain through GoDaddy and am reviewing the transaction at Escrow.com right now.

The fee Escrow wants to charge me is the same as what GoDaddy's commissions were supposed to be. I am concerned that GoDaddy may try to charge me another commission on top of what Escrow.com has already built into the transaction total.

The numbers suggest that Escrow.com and GoDaddy might simply split this fee among themselves when everything's done, but I'd like to hear from someone who has done this before. Thank you.

Domain summit 2024

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy's fee is included. They won't charge you again.

Knocks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shane. Escrow did tack on another $25 fee for the buyer's payment method and wants another $10 to "pre-authorize" my checking account, pretty ballsy of them. I'll ask them to mail me a paper check out of principle and bring up the $25 with GoDaddy's aftermarket support, since that fee was not disclosed.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shane. Escrow did tack on another $25 fee for the buyer's payment method and wants another $10 to "pre-authorize" my checking account, pretty ballsy of them. I'll ask them to mail me a paper check out of principle and bring up the $25 with GoDaddy's aftermarket support, since that fee was not disclosed.

You won't get GoDaddy to pay for it. Waste of time over $25. :p

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
knocks-- the $10 is a one time only as they told me and i didn't like it either. if you don't go for that and want to be paid with no fees attached to your payment you're right go for a check mailed to you.

also asked godaddy chat about that $25 fee they make the seller pay when the buyer is required to pay by bank wire. i was pissed because escrow picked the type of payment they'd take from the buyer and i had nothing to do with it --neither did the buyer. he had told me he wanted to pay by bank check but he was in another country and escrow wanted a bank wire.
gd did nothing and told me that's the rule with that $25. never asked them about the one time $10 for setting up my checking account because i thought that was escrow setting that fee and not gd. but good luck.

Last edited:

Knocks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks domainoid. I'll just yell at my GD premier services manager for letting Escrow.com get away with BS fees that I never agreed to. GoDaddy does listen when customers are unhappy, especially if you have a big account.

I've always disliked Escrow.com for this and other reasons.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators