Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Escrow.com scam !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
o.k - i really hate to do this , however i have tried to resolve this quietly but i just being ignored by escrow.com

last week i had a domain sale i wanted to use escrow.com and it is a company in Germany , so the transaction was for EURO 9500

i looked at escrow.com ( which i used for well over 10 years for many transactions ) and they show that for EURO transaction they require for the
SELLER to be getting to escrow payout with wire and they require a bank swift code .

since i had big issues before my bank not having a swift code , i contacted the escrow support and ask very straight forward and
very clear if it still works or if i would use someone else for this transaction .
the escrow.com support then replied that it is fine it will work without swift code ( i do have this in writing - email )

so i start the transaction and i complete it and on friday escrow emails me the closing statement and that the fund are disbursed .

wrong !! on wednesday i still have no money and i ask and i am told they can not wire it without swift code - i told them a dozen times that i in fact
ask the bank and they do not have a swift code and i asked escrow before and they said it is no problem - and now it is a problem !

i called and this nasty person says ( erin )- no swift code - no money - but if i supply the banks phone number
( i also ask to talk to a supervisor but she refused to do so )
they talk to the bank and see what they can do .which i supplied within minutes of the phone call

- since then escrow.com completely ignored all emails or phone calls from me and i started looking into legal action .

fact is - they are suppose to pay me , but they refuse .

where can i go next as escrow ignores this issue completely -

should i first get a lawyer and then file a complained for internet fraud online or the other way around -
i am not sure what to do next but i am afraid i do not get anything resolve without getting help from the law .

any advise ?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not fraud or a scam imo

A swift code is mandatory for an International transfer. And, why an employee would tell you this is beyond me and this employee should be fired. But, at the same time you are a pro in the game and should know that a swift code is mandatory for an International transfer. Without the swift code there is no one to identify the bank that the funds are going to.

Who do you bank with? You can usually find the swift code online at your bank's website.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have to agree... you're venting your frustration on the wrong people/entity.

in order for your bank to receive international funds, they must have a SWIFT code. If they do not, they do have some sort of intermediary bank setup that does have one. Your issue is with your own bank, not with Escrow.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry but i actually ask escrow before the transaction and they said i do not need the swift code -
now that it is time to pay they say i need it - fact is my bank does not have a swift code -
i went to mt bank and in fact they do not have a swift code and also i get wires at least once a month from a company
- wow,no one feels escrow is in the wrong / i can not believe this !

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, an Escrow employee appears to have screwed up, but I would stop short of calling it fraud. It sounds like a human error.

Have you tried sitting down with your bank manager and explaining what is going on? Unless they are really small time, it is hard to imagine this is their first experience with an international transfer. They should be able to help you navigate this.

If they really truly can't do anything for you, then maybe it is time to find a different bank - at least for this transaction.

While the threat of litigation might sound good - and might get Escrow.com's attention - it should always be an extreme last resort. I think you can resolve this.

Good luck.

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From all the Suspicious Contact info you have had from this Escrow.com ? ? ? Business over in Germany --- I Would Not want to Do Any business with them at all and would Back Out of this Deal as quick as Possible (your valid reason for backing they are Clearly Telling You Lies and they are not doing there Job) --- No Matter what they Tell You --- The Swift Code is a Requirement and they are telling you "It will Work Fine Without The Swift Code" ) --- enough said !!!

Many Red Flags on this one and Clearly sounds and looks like a Scam !!!

*** Our Escrow.com over here in USA does all the Work and is Great !!!

*** Also --- ECOP.COM --- is a Rock Solid & Safe & Secure Domain Escrow Service and they Specialize in large & small Domain Escrow Sales worldwide !!!
Check their the rest of their Biz out at Domaining.com !!!

Relax and hang in there it will work out fine...

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Open an account in another bank WITH SWITF CODE and use it for this transaction, I believe it will be easier and less time consuming (and cheaper) than going down the legal route.

Good luck, hope you get your money (Escrow.com employee's answer was wrong and you are right to be mad but on the other hand I don't think is correct to call Escrow.com a scam just because an incompetent employee adviced you wrongly)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Open an account in another bank WITH SWITF CODE and use it for this transaction, I believe it will be easier and less time consuming (and cheaper) than going down the legal route.

that was the first solution, that crossed my mind.

:)

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont no wolfi...but i am german to
and i can say that i never here before that a german bank don't have a swift code....
verry strange bank you have...sorry

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never heard about any actual real Bank with no Swift code. Some Credit institution maybe, but not actual bank... at least not one who doesn't have an arrangement with an intermediary bank, who has a Swift code.
I send a lot of wires all over the world, and it's impossible to initiate a wire without a Swift code. In some cases they have to go through an intermediary, "for further credit" etc, but there is always a Swift code needed.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this an actual bank (like TD Bank, Bank of America, Chase etc..(in the USA, not sure what they have in Germany)) or a credit union? I can't see the average bank not having a SWIFT code but I can see some credit unions, especially smaller ones.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the president of the escrow service did call me several times during the day and it seams to be resolved .

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Resolved how?

I have had nothing but great support when working with escrow.com 7+ figs of transactions done.

Is a check no longer an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators