Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Escrow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

gala

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a domain through escrow.com. The person who's purchased the domain deposited the money and now i should change the whois information with the buyer's information. After i make this change and give the account passwords to the buyer, if he re-changes whois information and passwords and denies that he's purchased this domain, what should i do? At this point, he also might not confirm the transfer of the money to me through escrow.com.Could you give me some information about it?

Thanks.

Domain Summit 2024

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am currently at this stage with a sale as well - i doubt this will happen to me (im tempting fate arent i) as i have a good relationship with the man but id be interested to know this as well

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
N/M

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gala
I'm selling a domain through escrow.com. The person who's purchased the domain deposited the money and now i should change the whois information with the buyer's information. After i make this change and give the account passwords to the buyer, if he re-changes whois information and passwords and denies that he's purchased this domain, what should i do? At this point, he also might not confirm the transfer of the money to me through escrow.com.Could you give me some information about it?

Thanks.

I can tell you this exact thing happened to me. I would have been screwed if I didn't get Enom to push the name back into my account. Ended up taking 4 months to complete the transaction.

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're still better off using an attorney to handle the ttransaction. If you do, you will have a signed transfer agreement, the attorney will hold your funds in escrow (usually at no additional cost) and fund when the WHOIS reflects the new registrant.

If you would like more information on the costs, fees or charges, you can PM me or email at [email protected].

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow WILL release the funds ANYWAYS to the seller as when they confirm on their own that who-is has changed into the buyers hands..

I jus went through this 2 weeks ago..

The buyer changed all the information but I couldnt get them to go into Escrow.com and hit the final acceptance "button" the funds..

I called Escrow, it was a 2 minute phone call, Support said they would check using who-is...1 day later Escrow.com released the funds 2 days later I had the check.

Escrow.com will release the funds as long as the who-is has changed to the buyer..and whatever "inspection period"..buyer and seller agree on has past)

This is why they call it ESCROW....thats why they are an ESCROW service..

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com doesn't provide you with the contact information of the buyer. (They may if you ask but it's not online) The buyer can give you one thing and Escrow.com another.

I'll give you my story. The buyer paid Escrow.com. I told the buyer to go to Enom and create an account. They didn't. A week later I created an account and pushed the name to the account and sent the buyer the login info. They buyer wouldn't checkoff at Escrow.com that the transfer was complete. Next thing, the buyer creates another Enom account with with bogus contact info and pushes the name there. Escrow.com said they could do nothing. If Enom hadn't pushed the name back into my account, I'd have been out $15K.

Of course I do things differently now. I don't use Escrow.com. If I did for a large sale, I would only give them password access and not push the name to another account until I'm paid.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im currently at this stage in an escrow payment so it isnt music to my ears

what alternatives are there - nearly every method has risks it semms

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Escrow.com doesn't provide you with the contact information of the buyer. (They may if you ask but it's not online) The buyer can give you one thing and Escrow.com another.

I'll give you my story. The buyer paid Escrow.com. I told the buyer to go to Enom and create an account. They didn't. A week later I created an account and pushed the name to the account and sent the buyer the login info. They buyer wouldn't checkoff at Escrow.com that the transfer was complete. Next thing, the buyer creates another Enom account with with bogus contact info and pushes the name there. Escrow.com said they could do nothing. If Enom hadn't pushed the name back into my account, I'd have been out $15K.

Of course I do things differently now. I don't use Escrow.com. If I did for a large sale, I would only give them password access and not push the name to another account until I'm paid.

"Use of your information : We use personal information from our users solely to provide and enhance our services. For example, we use personal information to verify the identities of buyers and sellers, process the transaction, verify receipt of payment and confirm shipping information. These uses include but are not limited to sharing your information with other companies (such as your credit card company or banking institution) and exchanging your information with the other party to your transaction. We may also request information about you from third parties to provide our services. We also use personal information internally to improve our services."

Yes, certainly be careful and check all your info especially on larger transactions..but if you want to double check the buyers info info you can get it from escrow.com

Ovicide

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I didn't realize a buyer could get away with what you described. Is there a safe way to handle the transaction (with escrow) to protect the seller and buyer?

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've done lots of transfers thru escrow and i have a foolproof method. I just completed another sale thru escrow about 10 minutes ago. I put the inspection period at 5 days because I am confident there is no way a buyer can cheat. The system protects both buyer and seller. You can see my method if you go to TheMidway.com
Actually I just sold that one so I don't expect the instructions will be there for long. When following those instructions, make a copy of the whois as soon as you transfer the test domain and also as soon as you transfer the domain you are selling.

Dominata

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm,

Probably the best way would be to let a Lawer Handle it.
:rolleyes:

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are using Escrow.com, be sure to insist on a 1-day inspection period, which is the shortest selectable time. Anything longer only makes sense for physical goods, and delays your check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom