Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Established a site under EmporiumDomains.Com and have some thoughts.

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just put up a site to list a number of domains we are looking to part with using the platform WWW.EmporiumDomains.Com domain name. The site is in its infancy, but at least the names we are parting with are out there.

The basic premise is to have a site that handles fixed price, make offer, minimum offer and lease options. Working on the database side of it right now. My thought was a fixed price of something like a buck or two to list. Fairly easy to maintain and support if there is interest.

Was wondering if having a listing site like this with that kind of business model might be of interest to other domain owners.

- Commerce

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Commerce

I couldn't vision using any marketplace, that charges a fee to list.
especially with so many other options, that are free and have much better formatting and template varieties.

as a suggestion, the colors on the Domain List page, clash and obstruct clarity of reading.

black font on green background is hard to read and you can't even see the directives in the black header bar, unless you hover over them.

on the home page, the top line says "Shop for quality domain names for sale at Emporium Domains"
but on Domains List page it says "The list below represents domains currently available for lease, offers and / or purchase"

I would change to "The list below represents domains currently available for sale"
since you already have a column that gives options for a potential, so no need to include it again.
also, i would structure so that each name has same options to acquire. ie: BIN Price/ Lease PM amount/ or Make an Offer

finally, at some point,
I think you should explicitly state that Emporium Domains is owned/operated by The Commerce Company, not just throw it in as was done on Domains List page.

hope you don't mind the critique, just want it to look like it worthy of intent you have in mind

Good Luck!

imo...

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fantastic inputs, thanks Biggie! Have implemented some of your suggestions. We did mention the ownership on the About page as well, but have updated the footer to make that more clear.

- Commerce

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggie,

Wanted to do a bit more dressing up for EmporiumDomains.com - now running with a background SQL database to select things from to make functions like categorization and repricing a bit easier. I really didn't care much for the data dump approach the domainlist page first had. Hopefully you see this as an improvement.

Thanks again.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators