Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Established Web Hosting Company + Clients + Software + Income

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDNFKing

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone, sorry it has taken so long for me to reply to this thread, as puravida said, I went to bed as it was late.

Anyway, the company has been sold, thank you for everyone bidding.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More like congrats to everyone else here who DIDN'T win this...

This ordeal has been a nightmare.

I have been MORE than patient, but now it seems Mark has my money and I have very little.

Unless Mark makes good VERY SOON, I will have to say that Mark is a pure, Class A scammer.

I have sent him an email asking him to make good on the rest of the deal. When he dropped the ball repeatedly before, I filed a paypal complaint and I was just notified that I won. But, of course, Mark was "sly" enough to have cleaned out his paypal account. How nice.

Mark, pony up and make good on our deal. I will then retract and remove this post.

-Wesley

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's real bad...
Please do let us know some more info later puravida (name, country, website etc....), so we do not land up in scams such as these...

Thanks !

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, Mark says (via email) that he never intended to scam me. That's comforting.

At any rate, he offered me two options:

1. cancel the paypal complaint so they will release his account in which case he says he will give me everything that was offered in this thread (except the forum), or

2. continue with the complaint and get nothing.

What would you all do?

My fear is that I cancel the complaint, have no money, have very little of what I was promised, and then potentially do not get the rest of it anyway. :worried:

And, does anyone remember exactly if the forum was offered as part of this deal? I know for certain that it said vb license, and I assumed that was because the forum would be included. What good is a vb license with no vb forum? Anyway... if anyone remembers for sure if the forum was listed, please post here.

Thanks,

Wesley

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Well, Mark says (via email) that he never intended to scam me. That's comforting.

At any rate, he offered me two options:

1. cancel the paypal complaint so they will release his account in which case he says he will give me everything that was offered in this thread (except the forum), or

2. continue with the complaint and get nothing.

What would you all do?

Seems to me you have already in good faith prepaid in advance of getting the goods. At this point I would tell him that once he transferes the goods you will cancel the paypal complaint. Not before, he is not in a position to negotiate. You have shown your good faith already. He has not. So he has to show the first move to clearing it up, not you I would say. If he really means to make good, he should have no issues with that at this point.

Why did you give him a good dnf trader rating though?

My fear is that I cancel the complaint, have no money, have very little of what I was promised, and then potentially do not get the rest of it anyway. :worried:

And, does anyone remember exactly if the forum was offered as part of this deal? I know for certain that it said vb license, and I assumed that was because the forum would be included. What good is a vb license with no vb forum? Anyway... if anyone remembers for sure if the forum was listed, please post here.

It was implied if not explicate from what I remember.

If you do just get the license, I happen to need one, so I would buy it from you if you would then be selling it.

btw, did you happen to fund the paypal payment with a credit card?

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not remember either forum nor license, but gets me thinking is why does he need the existing forum ??? For what? I assume he's raising cash because - "but unfortunatly I must let this go for a number of reasons such as I require the money and that I want to spend more time with my family at home and hopefully establish another business near where I live."

Moreover for you to think is what will you get from that forum? There are 12 clients I guess. What good is a forum with those 12 clients or a few more members (again assuming), if that's the only thing that's messing the deal....

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why did you give him a good dnf trader rating though?
He transferred several domains and gave me access to the server via passwords. Since I was leaving for a 10-day vacation, I went ahead and left feedback assuming that "control" of the server would be taken care of while I was gone. I also expected the forum and vb to be taken care of.

However, when I returned, I had an inbox full of complaints because I was the "new owner" and all the accounts had been turned off. I was also told that Mark would not simply say "YES" to the transfer request -which caused it to not be put under my account.

So, I still do not have actual control of the server (only password access).

What good is a forum with those 12 clients or a few more members (again assuming)
I agree that the forum shouldn't be too big of a deal, but it had more participation than just the few customers and it is more the principal of the matter.

The remaining issues are more than just the forum, though. Here's what's left:

1. one of the domains was a "glitch domain" in registerfly (ack... hate them!) where the domain shows but doesn't really exist.

2. need transfer of the forum domain and access

3. need transfer of the vb license

4. most importantly: need control of the server (hardware/software) to be placed under my direct management.

I believe that's it.

Thanks for the support and replies guys (also those replying via PM).

Best Regards,

Wesley

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to add some info on PayPal. If you paided via PayPal by credit card, then I believe you have very little risk in giving him the money again, but you should verify with them. There is NO protection of a seller selling an intangible via PayPal with a credit card. If the buyer protests with their credit card company, then PayPal will give the money back rather than get a chargeback. If you paid with PayPal cash, then its a different story and you should talk to them about the best way to go forward. In either case, I would think you could work out an arrangement where you give him part of the money, he gives you control of something... you verify and then give more funds. That is the way I have done most deals that had enough money to worry about. In this way, the seller can also have a record that the buyer has acknowledged receipt of some of the goods, before he was receiving the others. If it were me, I'd tell the guy that I wanted to come up with a new payment/transfer plan that was staged, and that would allow you to both have some confidence going through the steps.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, a little over $1,100 was funded via credit card. The small remainder was from the paypal cash balance.

However, I'd like to work out an amicable solution with Mark -should he be willing. I suppose I still have the chargeback possibility, but for the moment, I will wait to see what Mark responds to my last email.

I figure I won't hear back until tomorrow night -since it's Easter and all. ;)

-Wesley

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I would check with PayPal then and have them explain the details. I am pretty sure that they don't put up any fight what so ever if they get a chargeback on an intangible item. This is one of the reasons that I'm always a bit nervous about using PayPal on a website sale if I don't really know the people involved... the seller is taking a lot of risk. But since you are the buyer, it gives you a bit of a safety net to fall back on if things go completely south on you.

If you can wipe the slate and restart the transaction doing it in a phased way, then it would seem that you could get there if the seller is amiable. Something like 50%, then the hosting account login is delivered. Upon receiving an email that an inspection has been done and everything is in order, and your sending the next 25%... then you receive the next piece of the puzzle... and on and on. The last hosting company I bought, there were a lot of pieces involved, including a half dozen design projects there were in progress. Trying to get all the accounts changed, and licenses moved, and clients settled... took some time... so there was a hold back until the complete punch list was cleared. And, we had a contract that we both signed that clearly identified the terms and who was responsible for what. In the end, I caved and paid him remaining funds before I had everything, and I ended up getting hosed on the remaining items. After several months of preparatory discussion, and a lot of promises... once the final payment was made, the seller disappeared on me.

You can never be too careful. The thing you have to weigh is how much money is it, and is it worth the risk. For a few hundred bucks, its not. Once you get into $x,xxx, to me its worth doing it cautiously. Everyone's threshold is different. Hopefully this guy will come through for you.

ssanders

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TheDNFKing said:
No, I had a server with them before and as one of there specials I saw the Super Server 2.8GHz from Server Matrix for $50 per month so decided to go with it.

Intel Pentium 4 – 2.8Ghz
1024 Ram
80GB ATA 100 7200 RPM HDD
1200 GB Bandwidth
RedHat Linux

P.S - I must go now, but will be back in a few hours to complete the sale..

If when I come back any bids of $1100 or over has been made I will complete and end the sale of this company.

Thank you

how do you get such a quality server for only $50?

TheDNFKing

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone - i'm not going to argue and I have stuck by my word since I started - but there has been major problems with the transaction.

Ok, we did most access/domains..etc transfers on the night of the sale and the day after. However I did put the transfer for the server into theplanet.com - which as Wesley knows I was knocked offline for 4 days straight.

When I returned, the server had been taken offline due to an AUP issue. ThePlanet.com and I resolved the complaints and reports a few days ago, then I received the PayPal complaint.

In all fairness - I agree that is what he should of done to save his back - as stated in an email to Wesley himself.

I do want to make good of this sale and I am not a scammer and never will be for aslong as I live.

I have offered Wesley the following proposal (whether he accepts or denies is his decision):

I will send a $300+ program license to him - he removes one of the two complaints on PayPal.

I then transfer the server into his name - he removes the second complaint.

After the second complaint is removed we will both work together to finish the transaction with the very basic and minor details.

If he denies this proposal then I am sure we can try to work something else out.

I am no longer in discussion on this thread about what is or what will be happening as I prefer to speak personally and privatly to Wesley via Email to complete the rest of the sale.

Thank you for reading, and as stated to Wesley many of times - I hope we can deal with this problem efficiently so that we can both continue with other objectives.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... good post there.
Best 1ishes to both of you then !

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of respect to Mark, this will be my last post in this thread until we have either a positive or negative outcome.

I feel that a variation of Mark's proposal will work, so I am now hopeful we can come to an amicable solution.

I am not beyond believing that theplanet has told me a fib, because sometimes big businesses need to cover their own backs and because they've been giving me hell from their accounting dept lately (just because I'm not currently in the US.. argh!).

At any rate, I will only communicate privately until all is resolved. If a positive resolution is reached, then I will retract my previous statements and write it off as a cascading set of bad events that I took as being scammed but could have been completely coincidental. ;)

-Wesley

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom