Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

estibot?

Domain summit 2024

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tia, you are being too generous!

:)

Perhaps they should change the name to Guesstibot?

It does help though in one way. Whenever the Estibot number
is more than what you are going to ask for a domain, you can quote
Estibot as an authority.

Kevin

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry guys post removed, no need to convince anyone or cut my throat by possibly the 5% who read this thread with an open mind.

Last edited:

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me it's info tool only - nothing about domain price determining. As a quantitative info tool about domain Estibot is a useful one. That's all.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
How accurate is estibot in determining pricing?
Thanks!
Domain appraisal is inexact science. Even humans get it wrong so many times, how could an automated tool be foolproof ;)
Use automated tools for the metrics backlinks etc but disregard value estimates cause they are just extrapolation.
The best way to 'guesstimate' value is to look at comparable reported sales.

Last edited:

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In terms of online appraisal tools it's the best one.

Agree, online appraisal tools are all useless so this one can be even the best one in this group :lol:

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo, are you personally engaged in the relationship with Estibot that it makes you attack me personally in a nonsense way or you're just too young to know how to behave?

Please, check up a few posts above what I appreciate in Estibot and what not and...try to be more polite as my post did not relate to you personally but to one web service. Do you see a difference?

useless to who? you, because you don't know how to use the data?

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
How accurate is estibot in determining pricing?
Thanks!

if you check the ads of most sellers around the forums who quote estibot appraisal figures or traffic stats, please notice that members "join date".

the majority of them are new members who joined in the last year or since estibot was formed and they often confuse the results with actual price values and actual traffic that a domain gets.

rarely will you see a long time member even refer to this service as a source in their ads.

i'm not putting the site down, just saying that it's not what many noobs think it is.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot should add a disclaimer at the bottom:
"This tool is no substitute for brains and common sense"
:)

bigfishion

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's see...I received appraisals for the same domain from three sources:

Estibot: $630
Nameboy: $5,340
Afternic: $15,000

Which one is correct? There is only a $14,000+ difference between the low and high estimates.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
again sorry guys I am pulling my post, if anyone has an open questions you can PM me.

Last edited:

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses. I'm glad I started this thread. It's nice to see everyone's opinions. The main concern I had with estibot is when I find a domain that is available and that I like I will see what it says. Most of the time it just says "reg fee". But every now and then I will find one that comes back as $800 or $900. I'd like to get some opinions on what one should do with the ones that actually come back with a so-called estimate llike that. thanks!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure you have a method also? I would ask you what your method is, but I am sick of misinformation answers from senior members of this forum or half explanations, leaving out the gritty details that allow something to be successful.
Yes, I have a method, it's called experience, instinct and gut feeling :)
There is no magic formula and automated tools lack the ability to assess subjective parameters.
Granted if you look at the value of travel-insurance.me, it is Reg fee. Once this domain grows roots, which may take time possibly up to a year. It will start getting picked up by search engines and once it does all I have to do is capture a very small percentage of this traffic every other day to make a whole lot of money.
Obviously with development any mediocre domain can become valuable.
Domaining is about finding domains with intrinsic value. You are talking about building value through development which is a totally different thing.
But every now and then I will find one that comes back as $800 or $900. I'd like to get some opinions on what one should do with the ones that actually come back with a so-called estimate llike that. thanks!
Before you decide to register, think carefully about the possible uses. Does the name flow well and not sound awkward ?

For example estibot thinks SexFurniture.com is worth $860.
Is the name usable or does it make any sense, I don't think so. If you rely purely on a bot you are bound to lose money...

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys weren't really interested anyways, sorry pulled response.

Last edited:

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators